Setting-up the suspension on the V11 Sport

Lex

All,

We seem to spend a good deal of time taking about setting the suspension, especially the rear, on our bikes. I started a web page to give some basic set-up information. I tried to start out generic and then provide spine frame specific information. Please let me know if you find it useful or (even better) if you have some constructive criticism. Please keep in mind this is just a draft, don't be too cruel.

Suspension set-up page

I'm going to stop here for a while, I'd like to get your feed back before I spend any more time on the page.

Cheers,

Lex

Guest northend

sportrider.com settings for an 02 V11 Sport :

FRONT

Compression-NA

Rebound-full stiff

Compression-full stiff

REAR

Preload-stock

Rebound-7 clicks out

Compression-34 clicks out

Try these and let me know what you think :thumbsup: ....Jeff

zebulon said:

Not allowed to access this page, make it public in yahoogroups or put it somewhere else !

:homer: The rocket scientists at Yahoo Groups will no longer let me set the files section to allow access to non-members. I made a site on geocites and placed the page there. Suspension set-up page

Northend said:

Try these and let me know what you think

My bike's damping has been completely re-valved so I can't test these settings. However, I'd really like to get the settings some people are using as add them to the page. If we can get a group of "this works for me" settings it should give a new V11 owner a good starting point.

In that same vein, I know some folks have done some things like raise the fork tubes in the clamps, I'd be happy to add that kind of info as well.

Thanks for the feedback,

Lex

great work!

So I guess the next section is on damping.

Here is a Question:

If the spring rate is correct should compression damping be set to the minimum position?

Theoretically it seems like only rebound damping is needed, but perhaps the bike is more stable and or less prone to bottoming with SOME compression damping.

• 9 years later...