Griso ECU needed ASAP

dangerous

Hey all... so a mate has fried his 1100 griso ECU in a rather spetacular fashion, water may have been the issue.

Anyway he needs a ECU soon as (his missus is gona kill him if he keeps bugging her and cant get out to ride)

2nd hand or new... anyone with some contacts?

Also, wasnt there a griso only forum out there somewere?

As I said elsewhere I can get you one pretty quickly and cheaper than the NZ price. Importer here has, (Or had.) one in stock, I could have it to you in a week or so.

pete

ok ta Pete... Ill remind Q of that aye, whats ya email and Ill pass it on?

motomoda optusnet.com.au.

Not wanting to be negative but unless a miracle occurs a decent second handy isn't just going to drop from the heavens and there are no aftermarket alternatives yet. I was lucky enough to snap up the one off Steve's wrecked Griso but it is being used by Todd for development purposes so isn't available.

Other places to try would be Ago's and TLM and that nutter in France who wrecks lots of Guzzis, (Can't remember his name?) but if time is of the essence I can do it better than NZ and quite quickly.

Pete

motomoda optusnet.com.au.

Not wanting to be negative but unless a miracle occurs a decent second handy isn't just going to drop from the heavens and there are no aftermarket alternatives yet. I was lucky enough to snap up the one off Steve's wrecked Griso but it is being used by Todd for development purposes so isn't available.

Other places to try would be Ago's and TLM and that nutter in France who wrecks lots of Guzzis, (Can't remember his name?) but if time is of the essence I can do it better than NZ and quite quickly.

Pete

Peter Morcombe

http://www.rebootguzzispares.com/index.htm...frame.htm&2

:thumbsup:

Gidday, I am the sad bugger with the doomed ecu, I have tried that guy, he will only sell the ecu if the motor goes seperate. so for now that is not an option. but cheers for the heads up.

I have sent a pm to you pete on the other forum... cheers.

And cheers DD for the first post... I have just got my registartion for this forum done.

• 2 months later...

Ok, so some time has gone, and what has happened???

The griso is alive, I had bought the loom off ebay on the morning I was told repair was not posible from the elctrical outfit.

I that day went and collected the doomed bike, they showed me what they had done etc etc, the dealer had taken the axone down prior to see what the deal was, and again stated doomed. BUGGER

Trailered the bike home, had made some cAlls in the morning about a ecu, prices ranging 1500 through 3800 NZ dollars... mmmm ouch.

The ecu was hanging free, without the metal base fitted, and the wires that had been soldered to the pin stumps.

I put it all back together, just cause I could, and refitted into the bike. Turned the key on, dash was ok, no service message????/

Mmmm, check diag'... nill errors... (where had they gone??) Punched the starter button, and it fired up... weird, left header heated up, good stuff, Now the right side that had failed.... mmmmm Heat there to.

Ok so I handed over 65 bucks for some wires to be installed, and to be told it was all in vain. But the bike goes???

I rang the electrical place... the guy was a little dumbfounded... I ask how they test... seemingly they earthed the ecu to the bike without installing back into where it normally sits... maybe this meant the earth was not strong enough... hence creating a NO GO situation, who knows??

Any way near on 5000km later and we are all ok, I put some marine RTV around the conections and keep my fingers crossed.

Now I have a loom, but just looking out for a second hand cheap ecu, so that one day I can replace the loom plug and have it truely right... but wrapped the machine is cranking and running.

Cheers for help and advice on here though people!!!! ;)

Mmm a great site, but have no idea what it says... cant find the english translation

For an adequate translation, try www.dictionary.com; or, google tanslator

You can copy the text and put in the area for translation. Click ok and the translator will translate the text for you. Very easy.

Not only European people can do that but people for the other side of the planet also.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OFFERTA!! TIENI LA TUA CENTRALINA

E' possibile avere le centraline Griso EVO 2-3-4 al prezzo di €564.00 anzichè di €1012.00

Offer! Keep your ECU

You can buy a ECU (centralina) for that money. In place of that money.

In the site is also an offer for trading the ECU. I think you can trade your own ECU and get a new one for almost 370,- Euro

• 5 months later...
Also, wasnt there a griso only forum out there somewere?

That would be the MG-Griso.com Forum HERE.

As for ECUs, I am able to flash/program *any* 5AM ECU to work on the newer Guzzis. If anyone is in a bind, or wants revisions made, feel free to contact me direct e-mail; Todd at GuzziTech.com - specializing in performance tuning/products.

That would be the MG-Griso.com Forum HERE.

As for ECUs, I am able to flash/program *any* 5AM ECU to work on the newer Guzzis. If anyone is in a bind, or wants revisions made, feel free to contact me direct e-mail; Todd at GuzziTech.com - specializing in performance tuning/products.

Better late then never.

I will say that Todd did a great job with my ECU, modding it and coming up with a Power Commander/AutoTune module set up that made a night and day difference in how my Griso runs.

Thanks Todd.

What do you know about 4V Daytonas? :D