Transmission springs

Guest Hank

I have a small quanity of what I call the shifting pawl springs made. I think there is some confusion of which spring has been breaking. The spring that broke in my transmission is the one that holds the shifting pawl against the shifting dogs. If this spring breaks the you will not be able to shift at all and will be stuck in whatever gear it happens to be at the time. The if either of the other springs breaks you would either have to manually return the shift lever to the middle with each shift or would have problems staying in gear.

Anyway, I feel that the spring I had made is superior to the orginal which as a very sharp bend that breaks. My springs have a small amount of radius in that bend. I these cost me $10.80 each to have made and will sell them for $12.50 each including regular US postage. Pretty cheap insurance against being stranded waiting on parts.

You can reach me at (405) 640-5802

Or send check to:

Hank Blackstock

P. O. Box 20081

Oklahoma City, Ok 73156

• 20 years later...
39 minutes ago, rossoandy said:

still available?

send to UK  ?

rossoandy   2002 rosso mandello

Interesting to see just how early-on these springs were discovered to be problematic. Final solution became @Chuck's expertly designed spring available by dropping @Scud a Message through the forum system . . .

• Like 2

haha... 20 year gap in this thread. I had not seen this before. Interesting that "Guest Hank" correctly identified one of the problem areas with the original spring, which is that the 90 degree bend had too tight a radius for the gauge of material used. That issue, among others, are now remedied as discussed in "some" depth in the re-engineering topic above.

• Like 4