Washer on rear axle ..?

Gio

I have my 2000 V11 up for sale (traumatic experience - moving - see classifieds for details) and an eagle eyed potential buyer asked if there should be a washer between rear axle nut and swing arm (on the left side) - currently I just have the nut (and as far as I know it has always been that way ..) but closer inspection of the factory manual (section F2 page 8) does seem to show a washer between the nut and swingarm ..?

Gio

Guest ratchethack

Say Gio. Did he actually kick the tires?

You didn't let him take it for a joy ride, did you?

-- Just checkin'. ;)

Say Gio. Did he actually kick the tires?

You didn't let him take it for a joy ride, did you?

-- Just checkin'. ;)

No tire kickers (yet anyway) or even joy riders (unless pre-paid in full) - but a few "what is that?" and "does it go fast?" - you know, the usual ...

How about that washer - do you have one?

Gio

On mine there's none, and in fact there weren't enough threads left for a washer and the self locking plastic ring. At this time maybe it were the axes that were cut too short ;) Nevertheless I as well got enough comments from the usual smartasses, like "under every nut must be a washer". Nuts I say.

Mine is a 2000 as well, and (actually I think) I'll keep it, should it be only for tire kicking from time to time :)

Hubert

On mine there's none, and in fact there weren't enough threads left for a washer and the self locking plastic ring. At this time maybe it were the axes that were cut too short ;) Nevertheless I as well got enough comments from the usual smartasses, like "under every nut must be a washer". Nuts I say.

Mine is a 2000 as well, and (actually I think) I'll keep it, should it be only for tire kicking from time to time :)

Hubert

Hey Lubho - I agree - looking at the locking hex nut, the end of the axle is just about flush so there would be only enough room for a very thin washer - this has never been a problem so am not really concerned, just curious to see if others have the same set-up ... you know, threadlocking minds etc

But what a great tire kicker eh? I even have brand new Pirelli's fitted so shoes, boots, slippers will stay clean ...

Gio

Hi Nick - checked last night, my 2001 has a washer on that nut. Self locking plastic ring? Don't have one of those...

cheers!

Interesting - 2000 models seem to have no washer and thread-locking nut ...

Cheers!

2003 V11 sport. nylon insert locknut and it APPEARS to have a flat washer behind it.

p.s. if it is keeping the sale from going through, that man does not need to buy the bike.