Anybody know how this peg change was done...

df2

I get about 20 inches from top of footpeg to the place in the seat where my hips (and ass) are (is). Why is ass singular? We need a new thread- singular/plural anomalies: pants, chopsticks, ass., etc.

with the seat removed and using a carpenter's square setting on the frame rails and resting against the fuel tank I measured 13.75" to the footrest. 13.5" at the outer tip. I removed the seat because of the possible differences in seats.HTH.

Thanks

I probably should have mentioned that I meant a stock setup for a sport. My connie is between 17.5 and 18.5 inches and that's comfortable for my 35 inch inseam. Pegs are must forward of my butt, just about where my hips start. If the sport is comprable and anywhere near those numbers then utilizing the buell peg conversion should give me total comfort. I just didn't want a situation where my knees were kissing my chin.

Looks like this scura's pegs have been moved without a kit or different model pegs. Wondering how this was accomplished.

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...ost&id=3231

This appears to be using the kit that was once available from Moto Evoluzione, I bought one when it was available, $25, it was worth a try. Basically, it relocates the pegs to an existing retaining bolt hole, in the foot brakes case, it also supplied a nice bushing for the foot lever. It dropped the feet 1" down and 1 1/4" back, close to perfect for me.

I've spent $25 way worse than this, I'm happy. The only negative is that the left side moves your foot away from the shifter, so you shift with your foot on the heal, rather than the arch of your foot on the peg. No worries!

Steve

DF, the foot position on the V11 is a bit further back than your connie, but your knees will have about the same bend (if I'm remembering correctly).

Steve-I have the same kit. Make a new, shorter, shift lever. It works really well. This was my prototype, but it worked so nicely that I just kept it. DF- you can see how much the foot position changes with this kit.

P2060166.JPG

Crud. Try this link for larger picture:

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/aJ_32...feat=directlink

This appears to be using the kit that was once available from Moto Evoluzione, I bought one when it was available, $25, it was worth a try. Basically, it relocates the pegs to an existing retaining bolt hole, in the foot brakes case, it also supplied a nice bushing for the foot lever. It dropped the feet 1" down and 1 1/4" back, close to perfect for me.

I've spent $25 way worse than this, I'm happy. The only negative is that the left side moves your foot away from the shifter, so you shift with your foot on the heal, rather than the arch of your foot on the peg. No worries!

Steve

This kit was a wonderful mod for me - gave me the leg room needed, and placed the shifter/brake farther from my flipper feet - no more accidental rear brake drag from foot contact.

This seems like the best option I've seen, without forking out hundreds of dollars for other kits I've seen. Looks like the same pegs are used. Is there anyway to re-engineer this

kit? I have to say that the companies that manufacture the current peg lowering kits should be ashamed of their pricing. I'm just so used to the connie guys coming up with a solution to something like this and bamm someone is machining out a bunch of set to sell barely above costs.

Which I suppose is what happened with this Moto Evoluzione kit, it's too bad it didn't continue.

Anyway, all this is really moot for me as I've 90% decided not to pull the trigger on the v11 right now until

1. I am sure I can fit it

2. The right one comes along. (I would really prefer a naked with the cafe racer type bars)

I guess that really means the cafe racer. But I don't want to pay for the ohlins, etc.

There really is just not another naked bike that combines the feeling of a v-twin (rumble, shake, rattle, buzz and roll), maintains some of the classic style, has twin pipes (not a fan of single pipe look, nor the pipes under your arse look) and one that not everyone has.

It would be pretty easy to duplicate the kit- it was just a couple of proper sized bolts and a spacer if I recall. Probably cost 10 bucks from McMaster-Carr, but I was happy to pay 25 to the fellows that put out the effort to design it.

Do keep your eyes open; the V11 sport is a pretty darn nice bike. Way undervalued at this time. I use mine to do a lot of touring on and general running around town and it works equally well at both tasks.

This seems like the best option I've seen, without forking out hundreds of dollars for other kits I've seen. Looks like the same pegs are used. Is there anyway to re-engineer this

kit?

Anyway, all this is really moot for me as I've 90% decided not to pull the trigger on the v11 right now until

1. I am sure I can fit it

2. The right one comes along. (I would really prefer a naked with the cafe racer type bars)

I guess that really means the cafe racer. But I don't want to pay for the ohlins, etc.

FWIW Lots of people have come to this site asking how to raise the bars and lower the pegs on a V11 Sport or LeMans before they even sit on one, much less own one. The standard response here is to suggest that they ride the bike as is for a while before changing anything. Many if not most of those folks come back here a month or two later to thank us for the advice because they discovered that the stock riding position is surprisingly comfortable. You really should ride one for a little while before you decide that you must have lower pegs and/or higher bars. ...unless your knees hit the rocker covers :P

If you want standard handlebars and a flyscreen without the Ohlins suspension you want a Ballabio. See all the V11 models here: http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5691

Many if not most of those folks come back here a month or two later to thank us for the advice because they discovered that the stock riding position is surprisingly comfortable. You really should ride one for a little while before you decide that you must have lower pegs and/or higher bars. ...unless your knees hit the rocker covers :P

If you want standard handlebars and a flyscreen without the Ohlins suspension you want a Ballabio. See all the V11 models here: http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5691

I totally agree. I'm 5' 10" and about 190 lbs, with a 32" inseam. I am totally comfortable with the stock LeMans pegs, clip ons and seat, longest day has been a couple

I totally agree. I'm 5' 10" and about 190 lbs, with a 32" inseam. I am totally comfortable with the stock LeMans pegs, clip ons and seat, longest day has been a couple

I have the opportunity to ride both a v11 nero corsa and a centauro this weekend. It's been a hard time trying to organize a time to see the bikes. I had just jumped the gun because a very nice looking '00 sport came across on ebay close enough that I wouldn't have to ship it. But I would have to make the deal before the auction ended if I didn't want to loose it to a bidder. That's the only reason I was getting anxious about options for making it fit. When you start adding up all the changes it begins to put a different perscpective on which bike you should get, do I wait for a ballabio, etc. or do I modify the sport... etc. There are parts of each I like, as I say I really prefer the silver with grey motor look, vs most of the colors with the black painted motor. So the sport has some major visual appeal to me. I also was a bit worried becaus this bike on ebay has the Magni fairing which requires bars that are actually lower than the stock ones.

Now to make it what I want (naked) I'd need 1. Handlebars, 2. stock mirrors, potentially peg lowering kit, etc. So I decided to wait, I have the cash and the green light from the misses so I really need to slow down and be sure. I've always been impatient so it's hard to think that if I miss this opportunity, another will come if I am willing to wait.

Anyway I'm 6'3, 190lbs and have a 35/36 inch inseam. So I'm really all legs.