Muffler emblems

Route140

I recently bought a 2000 V11 Sport with what I think are Mistral aluminum mufflers. The emblems are missing leaving 2 unsightly holes where the rivets used to be.

P1040430__Medium_.JPG

This very nice V11 Sport was for sale on EBAY recently. I think the mufflers are the same as mine. Does anyone know if & where these emblems are available?

emblem01.jpg

Thanks

Guest ratchethack

I'd put pop rivets in the holes without emblems and consider it a cleaner looking muffler.

BAA, TJM, & YMMV ;)

I'd put pop rivets in the holes without emblems and consider it a cleaner looking muffler.

BAA, TJM, & YMMV ;)

I'm thinking you'd rivet in a belt buckle. :whistle:

Guest ratchethack

Can't have unsightly rivets mucking up a pewter Guzzi belt buckle! :o

Not big enough to cover both holes anyway. :P

Those look like mistrals- I have the same ones, but I didn't have rivets in mine. They came with stickers :huh2:

Putting pop rivets in your existing holes sounds pretty reasonable. I doubt that the badges are available, but you could contact Agostini in Italy. I bet they could give you a definitive answer.

I like the look of that little fairing. Is that from a Breva 750? Looks similar.

Have you tried to contact Mistral, right from the line of sponsers on our home page, and "spice up your V11"?... Can't get 'em? Put on the "Fast by Ferracci" exhaust emblems at $5.00 each, and add a little Italian green/white/red to the mix... :huh2:

Thanks for all the suggestions, I will probably fill the holes with rivets or I may try tapping the holes and putting in some button head screws.

Those look like mistrals- I have the same ones, but I didn't have rivets in mine. They came with stickers :huh2:

Putting pop rivets in your existing holes sounds pretty reasonable. I doubt that the badges are available, but you could contact Agostini in Italy. I bet they could give you a definitive answer.

I like the look of that little fairing. Is that from a Breva 750? Looks similar.

The fairing is a Stucchi Luigi, they are listed on MG Cycles web site as available by special order. Here is another picture from the front;

P1040429__Medium_.JPG

I contacted Mistral directly back in march this year and they sent me a set of exhaust decals.

Just send them an email to: info@mistralspecialparts.it attention Micheli and they will send you a set.

Cheers

The tag that used to be riveted on there was an aluminum plate that said in big letters "Off Road Use Only" which of course were immediately removed by owners, for obvious reasons...

Cover/fill as you see fit, there is no pretty "Mistral" tag that went there.