Rear wheel remo'val

sullvarni

New to Guzzi's and am trying to get the rear wheel off,have the axel pulled as far as the the rear drive,going to keep it in to hold it up,have the front wheel in a wheel chock stand and the back lifted with a track stand,the rear brake caliper is out of the way but the thing is the rear track stand is stopping me from pulling the wheel to the left for exstraction.

So what i want to know is can i block up under the sump so i can pull out the rear track stand with no ill efects to the sump cover "IE" will it take the waite?thanks in advance.

Stu.

The sump is nearly in the center of the bike, don't know whether you can lift the rear wheel there. Besides that, with some wood between jack/block and sump it should stand the load. Hey, it's just a bike.

Hubert

Guest ratchethack

Stu, the sump is much too far forward of the COG for what you have in mind, and WOULD NOT work. Your best option is more'n likely to block it up with jack stands or what-have-you under the pork chops at the chassis nuts that secure the through-rod at the bottom of the pork chops. This point is aft of the COG. It's the lift point that the OE Guzzi stand uses to lift the bike with the rear wheel off the floor.

Good luck. :luigi: