Confession

BrianG

Well, I sold my 2000 V-11 Sport last fall thinking it was time for something else. Gotta shake my head since I had done all that work with the Traxxion forks and Penske shock and all the piddly other stuff.... Maybe it was just time for a new project.

Oh well, last thanksgiving I decided to take a little jaunt in the ol' pick-'em up truck and drove down to Tacoma and picked up this little gem! Nothing too fancy in that it's only the "S" model, but it had

Anyway, it's a lot of fun to ride, and quite a different canyon weapon than the V-11 was. Funny thing though.... even these guys are bitching about the wheels being too heavy!!

Ride safe!

P1010023.jpg

626c_3.jpg

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She is a beauty Brian. Enjoy. :thumbsup:

I bought an Aprilia late last fall and nearly sold the LeMans. I haven't ridden the LeMans much since and didn't really miss it but I have it out today and while it doesn't perform like the Ape, it is still a blast to ride and in many ways more enjoyable than the new one. I am so happy it didn't sell.

She is a beauty Brian. Enjoy. :thumbsup:

I bought an Aprilia late last fall and nearly sold the LeMans. I haven't ridden the LeMans much since and didn't really miss it but I have it out today and while it doesn't perform like the Ape, it is still a blast to ride and in many ways more enjoyable than the new one. I am so happy it didn't sell.

are you reading my damn mind? :huh:

I'm watching you :ninja:

:bier:

basically ride the Guzzi on Fri-sat, commute on the aprilla and go for blasts on the guzzi, there has to be something wrong with me

I would have gone ducati but I can't do my own work on the level of brianG, youre the perfect ducati owner, now just do that every winter and it might last. lol

are you reading my damn mind? :huh:

I'm watching you :ninja:

:bier:

basically ride the Guzzi on Fri-sat, commute on the aprilla and go for blasts on the guzzi, there has to be something wrong with me

I would have gone ducati but I can't do my own work on the level of brianG, youre the perfect ducati owner, now just do that every winter and it might last. lol

I cut my teeth on a Norton...... the Duc's maintenance is a piece o' cake!!

Thanks! ;)

So......does this mean I won't be spat on if I add a 916 to the fleet?

There was an immaculate Senna 916 with 8k kms in the Bike Trader magazine a couple of weeks ago - only wanted $32k Aus for it!

All I need now is the other $31k and it will be mine..mine I tell you!!!

Cheers,

mud

So......does this mean I won't be spat on if I add a 916 to the fleet?

There was an immaculate Senna 916 with 8k kms in the Bike Trader magazine a couple of weeks ago - only wanted $32k Aus for it!

All I need now is the other $31k and it will be mine..mine I tell you!!!

Cheers,

mud

Hey theres a senna on ebay now 10000ks buy it now $19k http://cgi.ebay.com.au/DUCATI-916-SENNA-LT...%3A1%7C294%3A50 so now you only need 18k :lol: gav

That motor is a peach- same as what was in my S4Rs- 130rwbhp with race kit and ECU. Great brakes too.

I think everyone should have at least one no-Guzzi in the garage just to keep them sane.

Nice bike :thumbsup:

Hey theres a senna on ebay now 10000ks buy it now $19k http://cgi.ebay.com.au/DUCATI-916-SENNA-LT...%3A1%7C294%3A50 so now you only need 18k :lol: gav

Gavo - thanks mate, nah really - thanks. I wont be able to sleep now....

Sure is purty - my licence has thrown it's hands over it's eyes just with the thought of the hooligan nutter behaviour that

something like that would bring out in a bloke.....damn! Good thing I live in a part of the world where there is almost 0 police presence ho ho!

Hmmm...pay the tax bill or put a Senna in the shed...yeah, yeah I know - pay the tax or there wont be a shed!!!!

mud

That motor is a peach- same as what was in my S4Rs- 130rwbhp with race kit and ECU. Great brakes too.

I think everyone should have at least one no-Guzzi in the garage just to keep them sane.

Nice bike :thumbsup:

yeah but I would be kept up at night worrying about the belts, valves and seals :unsure: I wouldn't worry if the dealer service for them wasn't around $800 small $1600 big :doh:

the aprilia is like $100 small $300 big, maybe $600 if I have them do the ohlins at the same time

these are relative estimates and I rounded up for the ducs and down for the ape :D

yeah but I would be kept up at night worrying about the belts, valves and seals :unsure: I wouldn't worry if the dealer service for them wasn't around $800 small $1600 big :doh:

the aprilia is like $100 small $300 big, maybe $600 if I have them do the ohlins at the same time

these are relative estimates and I rounded up for the ducs and down for the ape :D

Ya, guess why that first pic is actually in my garage! Up here they wanted $2500.00 for the 12,000 mile service.

So, it took me a month, and I had to buy $500.00 worth of tools and electronic stuff........... so, what, I got new toys!!

I'm looking for a S4RS project for this winter. I figure it wouldn't take a Terblanche to do better than the new StreetFighter!!

You guys are being charged a fortune for Ducati servicing- much cheaper in the UK- in fact the local Duke dealer charges less for a main service that the local Guzzi dealer does for what are in theory, simpler bikes.

This is the independant guy many use once their bikes are out of warranty.

Ducati John

Of course if you can DIY then its much cheaper!

I think the S4Rs is much better to look at than the Streetfighter- always thought it would look great with clip ons and regular (high rise) silencers. In fact clip ons would be a great idea because the front end will rise at the slightest whiff of throttle. Pity about the paltry tank range.

the 999 was just way ahead of its time they should have done the 1098 styling first then gone to the 999 I think it would do better in that way, almost got a 999 before I got the aprilia, service fee's and average life expectancy of a duc made that dream go away, I plan to have a ducati some day either after a college course on MC repair or a promotion at work. :bier:

I saw the first Streetfighter last night at the hangout. Say what you like but in flesh it looks like a millon dollars. incredibly hitech and zillions of details to lust after. there was also a Desmosedici....

How does a 999 drive for a big person? cramped? uncomfy? or what?

its becoming unfashionable over here (and cheaper than the later 996/998s) and I like unfashionable.