Confession

BrianG

I cut my teeth on a Norton...... the Duc's maintenance is a piece o' cake!!

Thanks! ;)

I've owned Ducatis, and own Nortons. I'm sorry, the bikes capabilities are apples & oranges, but I'd definitely wrench a Norton than a Ducati, no question.

Steve

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw the first Streetfighter last night at the hangout. Say what you like but in flesh it looks like a millon dollars. incredibly hitech and zillions of details to lust after. there was also a Desmosedici....

How does a 999 drive for a big person? cramped? uncomfy? or what?

its becoming unfashionable over here (and cheaper than the later 996/998s) and I like unfashionable.

quite comfy actually, WAY more so than the 916/998 styles, similar to aprilia RSVR, I think 999 is a great bike and sometimes still wish I had gotten it but damn the price of maint.

you know what I love about guzistas, we have a common love of a extremely outdated slow lump of a bike but we can appreciate all that the MC world has to offer we don't just stand on a box shouting Yamaha or HD till death, I don't get those ppl, I like them big I like them small I like them all

quite comfy actually, WAY more so than the 916/998 styles, similar to aprilia RSVR, I think 999 is a great bike and sometimes still wish I had gotten it but damn the price of maint.

you know what I love about guzistas, we have a common love of a extremely outdated slow lump of a bike but we can appreciate all that the MC world has to offer we don't just stand on a box shouting Yamaha or HD till death, I don't get those ppl, I like them big I like them small I like them all

The ability to appreciate other brands, other designs both new and old is a sign of a true motorcyclist. :thumbsup:

On that HD thing though... I'm afraid I just don't get it. To each his own, but the prevailing attitude of the typical HD rider turns me off to the whole brand. I get pretty tired of the "when are you going to buy a Harley?" or "when are you going to buy a real motorcycle?" :bbblll:

The ability to appreciate other brands, other designs both new and old is a sign of a true motorcyclist. :thumbsup:

On that HD thing though... I'm afraid I just don't get it. To each his own, but the prevailing attitude of the typical HD rider turns me off to the whole brand. I get pretty tired of the "when are you going to buy a Harley?" or "when are you going to buy a real motorcycle?" :bbblll:

I don't think I could agree more with what you said here. I agree totally.

My strange collection of bikes takes me to different rallys, where I get to talk to people who are absolute fanatical about this make or that make. I feel sorry for the guys who think everything else is shite except what they have.

And as far a HD and the type of people that seem to settle into that typecast, I've got no time for the attitude, the pirate-equestrian cookie cutter look, the astoundingly bad riding technics, the utter herded sheep mentality of it all. These types always seem to get in the way of me just as I'm about to carve a corner. They seem to be the only bikes out there that hold up 80 yr old green haired guys driving class A motorhomes as well. Go figure!!!

Steve

My strange collection of bikes takes me to different rallys, where I get to talk to people who are absolute fanatical about this make or that make. I feel sorry for the guys who think everything else is shite except what they have.

And as far a HD and the type of people that seem to settle into that typecast, I've got no time for the attitude, the pirate-equestrian cookie cutter look, the astoundingly bad riding technics, the utter herded sheep mentality of it all. These types always seem to get in the way of me just as I'm about to carve a corner. They seem to be the only bikes out there that hold up 80 yr old green haired guys driving class A motorhomes as well. Go figure!!!

Steve

I agree they seem to have a fascination with blocking the road ,hugging the centre line and just being mobile chicanes but I think its a cruiser thing because the japenese harleys do it too. But the line I love from the harley riders is " IT"S A LIFESTYLE" wtf does that mean :lol:

Although they're definetly not my kind of bikes, I know a few Harley riders that are not into the pseudo outlaw biker thing and they enjoy their HDs and do long tours, not from gelati shop to coffee bar and back.

What I'm trying to say: to each their own -_-

(but don't get me wrong either... I don't have anything against a good Harley bashing now and then :D )

Steve

"80 year old green haired guys" :D love it :thumbsup:

But the line I love from the harley riders is " IT"S A LIFESTYLE" wtf does that mean :lol:

I think that means they wear harley condoms.

Although they're definetly not my kind of bikes, I know a few Harley riders that are not into the pseudo outlaw biker thing and they enjoy their HDs and do long tours, not from gelati shop to coffee bar and back.

It's true, there are some regular riders that have chose that brand. And I agree, to each his own, we're all riders.

OTOH, I don't know if it is my close proximity to Milwaukee but the percentage of Harley posers complete with attitude is pretty high around here.

It's true, there are some regular riders that have chose that brand. And I agree, to each his own, we're all riders.

OTOH, I don't know if it is my close proximity to Milwaukee but the percentage of Harley posers complete with attitude is pretty high around here.

As a long time HD rider, I noticed the true riders and hard core devotees became overwhelmed with the poseurs about two to three years after the Evolution motors came out. As soon as you didn't have to actually form a mechanical bond with your bike, which always needed maintenence and engineering changes to be dependable, it became appealing to allow the three day stubble to grow, and put on the new leathers, complete with "pirate accessories", and "find freedom and individuality in a group of thousands of like minded individuals..." :glare: Helped kill almost all the original appeal for me. Still a very visceral, fun ride though...

As a long time HD rider, I noticed the true riders and hard core devotees became overwhelmed with the poseurs about two to three years after the Evolution motors came out. As soon as you didn't have to actually form a mechanical bond with your bike, which always needed maintenence and engineering changes to be dependable, it became appealing to allow the three day stubble to grow, and put on the new leathers, complete with "pirate accessories", and "find freedom and individuality in a group of thousands of like minded individuals..." :glare: Helped kill almost all the original appeal for me. Still a very visceral, fun ride though...

yeah, thats why above it all I may still get a harley and just avoid those jerk wads, I still like to goto the coffee shop with my bike but I commute everyday it isn't raining and go on weekend rides half way across the state(which for GB would like going from shore to shore, your country so small!!!! :lol:

seriously Minnesota is only a tiny bit smaller than all of GB. :bier:

For HD I love the ride its smooth and pleasant, I just dislike all the chrome and meatheads. I want blacked out everything but the motor.