Rosso Mandello register

muddy1100

How excellent!  :notworthy:  Seventeen years!

A dear friend asked me just the other day *why* I have kept my Sport all this time and "done what I have done" with it. I babbled about for a decent answer, we had a few beers, and few days later at a local pub, the truth rose to the surface:

:notworthy:     *It's about Community.*   :mg:

Good on ya, rossoandy! :thumbsup:

(now to get your image hosting sorted. PhoterBlockit hates us)_

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone. I'm new on this board, recently picked up Rosso Mandello #49 from Texas. It now lives in Oakland, California. 

You can see there are some minor, tasteful changes. Bits of carbon here and there, Penske shock (not visible), Rizoma mirrors, Magni pipes and those interesting valve covers. I have all the original parts, including the numbered side covers, the original red valve covers, a spare Rosso Mandello tank, and oddly, a Tenni seat. I was originally going to switch right back to the red valve covers, but the black ones are growing on me so I'm leaving them on for now. 

The Magnis sound unbelievably good, by the way. :)

MotoGuzzi-V11-Sport-Rosso-Mandello_Treas

• Like 3

Thats a keeper that one.

I like the valvecovers on it.

Have never seen Magnis on V11 before, very tasty.

Congrats.

Thanks! Me either on the Magnis, or the valve covers. Weird thing is, one just popped up on Craigslist here in CA with the same valve covers. I've been meaning to reach out to see if the owner knows who made them.  

Interesting, thanks. I had never caught them—they don't come up in a search for "v11 valve covers," even though the description contains "v11." Gotta open up the search to "moto guzzi valve covers." 

• 1 month later...

I have just purchased #70 It has 5,600 miles on it and has some nice upgrades.

It has oval CF cans with SBK logo on the end caps  (Leo Vince?) Also bar end mirrors and adjustable height footpegs.

I stumbled onto this thing at a flea market/garage sale. I saw 2 carbon fiber mufflers on the ground and asked what they fit.

They were the originals off of the Rosso. 2 days later I bought the bike! It  included the plaque, a clock, a calendar (with Rosso #69  in it) and all of the take off parts except the mufflers, I already had those!

I have never ridden a Guzzi and am excited to put some fresh fluids in it and take it for a spin.

it was originally purchased in Florida from Lightning Moto Sport and now resides in Imperial Missouri.

• Like 1

I have just purchased #70 It has 5,600 miles on it and has some nice upgrades.

It has oval CF cans with SBK logo on the end caps  (Leo Vince?) Also bar end mirrors and adjustable height footpegs.

I stumbled onto this thing at a flea market/garage sale. I saw 2 carbon fiber mufflers on the ground and asked what they fit.

They were the originals off of the Rosso. 2 days later I bought the bike! It  included the plaque, a clock, a calendar (with Rosso #69  in it) and all of the take off parts except the mufflers, I already had those!

I have never ridden a Guzzi and am excited to put some fresh fluids in it and take it for a spin.

it was originally purchased in Florida from Lightning Moto Sport and now resides in Imperial Missouri.

Cool! :thumbsup:

In striking distance to to Harrison, Arkansas?

Ozark Arkansas Rally

Welcome GT - That's a fun story.  We'd love to see pics when you can. And it is a very good idea to park a Moto Guzzi V11 next to a Husqvarna.  :thumbsup:

2006_0101fender0221.JPG Thanks for the nice welcome guys! I will keep the Ozaek ride in mind.  I've been in NW Arkansas with my old Buell...... Beautiful part of the country for sure.

I will try to post a pic of my Italian Redhead beauties. I have never felt so cycle blessed in all of my life!

• Like 2

Love it. Three red Italian valve covers.

For those not up-to-speed on the Husqvarnas, that 310 is from the Red-Head years, the last Italian-designed Huskys (from the MV era).