Rosso Mandello register

muddy1100

Gday all,

Gone a bit quiet! Where are all those gorgeous red things hiding??

'Fess up now!

Cheers,

mud

Hi,Mud,

recently bought a Rosso Mandello but it did not have any paperwork with it

so I have no idea what number it is.

Any way of telling from the frame number?

hope so,

Andy Roo

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,Mud,

recently bought a Rosso Mandello but it did not have any paperwork with it

so I have no idea what number it is.

Any way of telling from the frame number?

hope so,

Andy Roo

Gday andy roo and welcome,

Fantastic choice you have made mate - a great and very collectable bike.

There may be a way to tell from the VIN what number your bike is - that info is not / has not been found by yours very truly as yet - but -

I have taken the liberty of "numbering" the unnumbered as they show up so yours is now unofficially number "309".

Hope that suits mate - get out there and ride the wheels off the darn thing...oh, thats right...you're in Pomgolia...studded tyres anyone?

Best, mud

G'day,Muddy,took delivery of No.23 ,yesterday! Bought it off Fleabay before Christmas,but the weather here has been shit since then.Pretty happy with what I've got,considering that I broke the golden rule of NOT buying without actually looking at it!...-2c here today,so a 20 mile trial was the limit,enjoyed the experience of my first 'Guzzi,rattle from the clutch will take a bit of getting used to....'spose they all do that,do they? Liked the lazy V twin power,goes nicely with my '59 G 80 Matchless and '05 Trumpet 1050 ST...which goes like shit off a shovel. Hope the'Guzzi brings a little sanity to the Sunday morning West Highland blasts of our usually nonexistent summer! Bonzer...or something! Crawford Rae,Glasgow.

Time for an update there ol' muddy man!

Gday all,

Thanks to all who have popped by -

The tally so far...

richard100t #74 Ohio

RHIP #"301" Mn

stormsedge #244 Fla

Gavo #"302" Qld, Aust

muddy1100 #"303" West Aus

sttockport claret #20 UK

cash1000 #"305" NZ

RoyB #89 Ma.

helicopterjim #184 BC

? #185 ?

d-rock #003 Ma

? #207 Switzerland

David_L #"306" Kansas

Karl Von's brother #071 Fla

rossoandy #"307" UK

Keep 'em coming crew!

Cheers,

mud

• 11 months later...
I have #74, if you want the frame # I can provide that later. Are we only registering the "numbered" Rosso's? Because Guzzi made another 300 or so of them when they noticed that people actually liked & bought the first 300! :lol:

Some of them have been lost to wrecks & I heard of one being burned up in a garage fire. It would be interesting to know how many are left.

Gday Richard,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I reckon it would be interesting to know how many are out there as well hence my call.

I thought any and all RM owners could get in touch if they so chose - numbered or not - as they are all RM's are they not?

It would be a shame to bin one, but to have one burn would surely break your heart.

Imagine the call to your insurer..."Yeah mate - it was one of 600 in the world, can you replace it?"

Cheers,

mud

Hi all, rossoandy here in UK, that was my first Rosso that caught alight! Had only been insured 24hrs too! Assesor very sympathetic and commented 'you are meant to take emm to a country lane to burn emm' lol. He made sure I was hardly out of pocket after my claim too.I rushed straight to my local dealer who had the last unsold Rosso in the UK and bought another! Reboot ended up with the salvage...and I was seeing parts of it several years later on his stand for sale!

Jim, finally back home in TN...

... stormsedge #244 TN (Fla...NOT)

keep smiling. s

• 2 months later...

hi all,new member of forum plus new to moto guzzi,bought my first guzzi last week a rosso mondello,am 42 years of age been riding bikes since 14 and have to say sexiest looking bike i have every seen,where the no should be on the side panel there is a piece of cardon fiber sticky tape so im thinking this is the second lot they made,absolulty love this bike a little different to drive than im used to but learning quickly,looking forward to learning all i can about the bike plus moto guzzi in general ,best regards paulo (IRELAND)

• 4 weeks later...

I have number 003. It's in Geneva now but en route to Oslo, Norway this summer (2011)

Gday all,

Thats 10 we've found... 590 to go!

Keep 'em coming

Cheers,

mud

• 6 months later...

G'Day, Mud, I recently bought RM number 109. It originated in San Francisco but found its way to Vancouver BC Canada. I'm the 3rd owner for sure, maybe the 4th. Just over 6,000 miles - go figure! I installed bar risers and a regular handlebar so it will be ridden for sure. I'm curious to know how many you've tracked down?

Cheers, and Merry Christmas

Michael Dickens

Gday all,

I have searched most of the archive and can only find mention of a thread from some time ago with frame numbers etc.

If you are interested in adding your bike to a register I will collate, please either send me a PM or reply here - feel free to add

whatever detail you wish i.e. frame number, release number etc. I plan to upload the tally from time to time - let's see how many we can find!

Thanks for whatever time you spend on this,

Cheers,

mud

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

I just bought my first Guzzi, a 2001 RM #254. I've got to do a few things to it but am very much looking forward to many hours on her. I've owned several HD's, a Big Dog, a BSA 650 Lightning, a Yamaha 650, and dirt bikes in my early years.

Any pointers are appreciated. Gotta change the bars for sure.

Thanks,

Tom in Georgia

Gday all,

I have searched most of the archive and can only find mention of a thread from some time ago with frame numbers etc.

If you are interested in adding your bike to a register I will collate, please either send me a PM or reply here - feel free to add

whatever detail you wish i.e. frame number, release number etc. I plan to upload the tally from time to time - let's see how many we can find!

Cheers,

mud

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Mud - don't know if you're still out there collecting these but I just bought a Rosso Mandello in New Zealand, though I'm pretty sure sure it was shipped from UK. Don't know if it's one of first 300 or not as side cover badges are missing. Frame number is: ZGUKR00001M114314. Be good to know if she is one of the first 300, then I can try to track down some replacement badges : )

Cheers

Mark

Gday all,

Cheers,

mud

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have just picked up Number 270. I am near Chicago IL and the bike has aprox 6,600 miles on it and is

in great condition. Always loved the look of Moto Guzzi's. They just have that flair.