Forum meet 2010

There's something not right, talking about summer 2010 before summer 2009 has properly arrived, however time flies and more to the point, calendars do have to be planned. At the 2008 V11 UK meet there was some enthusiasm for having a Denmark-Soren meeting. Speculation is that it may be Switzerland now, as Soren is moving there, but it could still be Denmark?

Let's allow this thread to float around so that proposals can be mentioned from time to time. An idea can be formed of: what, where, when next year. I've said in the 2009 thread:

If a Continental trip is on the cards then I'd need to get a probable date, or possible dates, into the calendar soon.

I doubt if I could set aside the required time anyway, but if it could be possible, it would be best for me in July or August.

It's more logical to talk about a V11 Forum Rally now, rather than a V11 UK meet.

If the main Forum meet is on the Continent, a UK meet could happen at a different time anyway, coordinated through the Forum, and I will probably organise another low-key Guzzi get together in Northern Ireland.

Plenty of scope in the blue bits here!

300px-Continental-Europe-map.png

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This rally idea has to be booted around, I'm willing to organise a Scottish meet at any time, I do feel Denmark could be expensive for all especially those coming from the UK. I'm up for an NI visit as I missed the last one. What about Islay great roads, and booze!

As always I'm up for any meet anywhere...

I'm willing to do the V11 Forum meeting next year if Soren doesn't have time.

And september 2012 I will organise the 10 year jubilee meet at la Chaussee in Sibbe again. Thanks to Antonio who reminded me!

OH god, should have the 10 year at Mandello del Lario that would be AWESOME, sure probably not very practical so Amsterdam would work too and I WANT TO GO, sure hope I could afford it by then I'll start saving now. :bier:

As always I'm up for any meet anywhere...

I'm willing to do the V11 Forum meeting next year if Soren doesn't have time.

And september 2012 I will organise the 10 year jubilee meet at la Chaussee in Sibbe again. Thanks to Antonio who reminded me!

Jaap you mentioned another good place that you have used before... in Netherlands?

And september 2012 I will organise the 10 year jubilee meet at la Chaussee in Sibbe again.

That would conveniently come before the Mayan calendar end of the world thingie :lol:

La Chaussee is the place where we did the 5-year jubilee meeting in september 2007. Great place, ask Guzzirider

Yes its a nice little place- Paul the owner rides a Guzzi, is a good guy and will get you drunk. Not too far from Eiffel mountains or Ardennes for ride outs. Only an hour and a bit from the ferry at Rotterdam, close to Belgium / Germany / France. HTM Guzzi just a few miles across the border in Aachen if you wish to tune your bike up. Choice of camping or B & B.

Last time I was there I made the mistake of ordering some beers in Dutch so Paul made me work behind the bar!

Dutch MAG have made a small video which is on You Tube

OH god, should have the 10 year at Mandello del Lario that would be AWESOME, sure probably not very practical so Amsterdam would work too and I WANT TO GO, sure hope I could afford it by then I'll start saving now. :bier:

Not wanting to slide away from the thread, but does anyone know if there will be the Mandello September days this year ?