Come Camping, Western MA, Aug 7-9

RoyB

Here it is..............The best rally of the summer!

A joint venture BMW / Moto Guzzi Rally............

Yankee Beemers with the Massachusetts MGNOC present the "Damn Yankee Rally", Heath Massachusetts. Some of the best roads in New England........Both tar and dirt.

Field Evemts on Saturday afternoon, Chicken BBQ on Saturday night, Bonfire, Moto Guzzi "liquid event", foolishness, friendship, other nonsense........

http://74.53.234.2/~riptide/Damn_Yankees.html

www.yankeebeemers.org

Or

Tom Halchuk, Massachusetts MGNOC Rep. 508-612-9509. halchuk>athttp://www.geocities.com/mgnoc_mass

• 1 month later...

This Rally is a joint BMW/ Moto Guzzi Rally.................

Looks like we have some fantastic rides during the "Damn Yankee Rally" out in Heath Massachusetts, Aug 7-9, for all skills and wants.......

(see www.yankeebeemers.org )

Bob Ain't, our official Yankee Beemer Ride Captain has a fantastic ride set up. All blacktop, no dirt roads. A bunch of neat things to stop and see along the way.........

Dana, Damn Yankee Rally Chair, has a nice sedate local ride planned with some very interesting stops along the way

Rob Nye, DYR Co-Chair, and Doug Morrison, have a real neat adventure ride planned. Rob said he's installing knobbies on his GS! You all know what that means.....

I'm leading a ride on part of the newly formed "Trans Mass Trail". This is a combination of dirt roads and blacktop. Nothing really technical, but I suggest "On-Off" dual sport tires (Tourances, Saharas, etc) as it is a little bit slippery in one or two spots. A great ride to try out that Stelvio or Quota that has never been off the road.(ouch!)

The pace will be slow on the dirt and speed limits on the blacktop. We will be stopping along the way to smell the roses, check out old cemeteries, and take in the sites.

All of these rides will return to the Rally site by 1-2pm, with plenty of time to practice slow riding, hot dog chomping and other skills for the afternoon field events.

All rides leave at 9am, you should have a full tank of gas and be ready to go. There will be places along the way to stop for lunch........

Hope to see you there.......

And yes, this is a Joint Venture rally..............Floppy Jugs and Erect Jugs invited............in fact, anyone riding anything are invited........No really loud pipes if you know what I mean.... Grin

And yes, this is a Joint Venture rally..............Floppy Jugs and Erect Jugs invited............in fact, anyone riding anything are invited........No really loud pipes if you know what I mean.... Grin

Shouldn't that be saggy and pert? :lol: Sorry- wrong thread.

I'll see you there next year. I'm being relocated to Boston for a time.