Tenni #124

DaveB

Hi guys (and gals?),

I am proud to announce that Tenni #124 is now mine. It arrived from Florida yesterday and was licensed and insured today. Getting a state inspection and it's ready to roll. Just over 7K miles and in perfect shape. Have been looking for a Tenni for a couple of years and now found this two owner, well maintained (good service records) example. The seller even sent a 1:12 Tenni die-cast. Its coming out party is a West Virginia Moto Guzzi club event in a couple weekends.

Dave

I started out looking for a plain V11, but once I discovered the Tenni, that was the one I had to have. Going to take it to a local bike night and show it off tomorrow. Around here, I might be the only non cruiser.

Going to take it to a local bike night and show it off tomorrow. Around here, I might be the only non cruiser.

Only non cruiser?!?! Hell, I've never even seen another Sport or LeMans on the road, ever, around my town unless it was at the local dealer! :lol: Congrats on your unique aquisition, ride the piss out of it!!! :thumbsup:

Just got back from the local bike night. I was sitting with some friends where I could see the bike. There was an almost always someone circling the bike looking it over. It is definitely a totally different riding experience than my previous bike. About the only thing it seems to share with my 91 Honda Nighthawk 750 is they both have two wheels. I am starting to get smooth but it is a bit of a learning curve.

Dave

• 2 months later...
Just got back from the local bike night. I was sitting with some friends where I could see the bike. There was an almost always someone circling the bike looking it over. It is definitely a totally different riding experience than my previous bike. About the only thing it seems to share with my 91 Honda Nighthawk 750 is they both have two wheels. I am starting to get smooth but it is a bit of a learning curve.

Dave

HEY WELCOME !!!!

So #124 is in Weat Virginia and my #125 is on Vancouver Island ! These Tenni's get around some. Stick with the bike and you'll find one of the most rewarding rides out there. Also lots'a fun when the guys gather at a coffee shop or what ever. The sound that a Guzzi makes puts those other V twins to shame and you just plain intimidate them. I have found that both the Harley and Ducati guys show the proper respect. :D

Ride it, love it.

:bier:

Cheers, and again welcome to the form

Van

HEY WELCOME !!!!

So #124 is in Weat Virginia and my #125 is on Vancouver Island ! These Tenni's get around some. Stick with the bike and you'll find one of the most rewarding rides out there. Also lots'a fun when the guys gather at a coffee shop or what ever. The sound that a Guzzi makes puts those other V twins to shame and you just plain intimidate them. I have found that both the Harley and Ducati guys show the proper respect. :D

Ride it, love it.

:bier:

Cheers, and again welcome to the form

Van

Thanks for the welcome. I don't know about Vancouver Island, but the Tenni loves the curvy roads through the mountains of West Virginia. It seem everyone from non bike type people to high powered Jap sport bike riders think the bike is cool. It got more attention at the Bike Night than a MV Agusta F4 Tamburini that was there last time. You are right about the sound. I love to twist the throttle, not for more speed, but for more sound. I would like to get another LeMans just so I could modify it. I don't want to change anything on the Tenni, or take a chance on wadding it up on the track.

To ride it is to love it. :bike:

Dave

lots'a fun when the guys gather at a coffee shop or what ever. The sound that a Guzzi makes puts those other V twins to shame and you just plain intimidate them. I have found that both the Harley and Ducati guys show the proper respect. :D

You're right about the Tenni attracting attention. I put mine in our club display at a big bike show here. It sure drew people in, most had never seen one, and many thought it was a custom paint job. It was a great way to get folk talking Guzzi and promoting our club. I hope I never have to part with this bike.

Concours2009%20001.JPG