footpegs

riek

Hi,

I know that there were already a lot of threads about this subject but I'm receiving a lot of protest from my knees lately.

I think there are several options to bring the footpegs in a more comfy position.

Buell pegs!

Motratech set!

Motobits set!

Centauro pegs!

others maybe...?

It would be very nice to see those options in one thread (with pics please) and make the decision easier.

Sorry for my poor English.

regards

• Like 1

Guest ratchethack

Hi Riek. Welcome. Your English is fine. ;)

FWIW, my knees are shot from decades of distance running and alpine skiing. At first, the knees objected strenuously to trips much longer than an hour on the Guzzi. By doing stretching exercises and getting used to the riding position, it fairly quickly became the most comfortable of a dozen moto's I've owned for all-day riding, and I haven't had any riding discomfort on the Guzzi in more than 5 years. No cortisone injections, & no drugs. I rest the balls of my feet on the OE pegs, not the arch.

But o' course, that's just me. ^_^

I don't think there is a comprehensive list of possible modifications, however, ryland offers this in the FAQ section:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13057

or do a search for 'footpeg' or 'footpeg relocation' or 'move' or some such.

I've used the stock Guzzi rearsets, Buell pegs and the Sportbike Pacific sets (the latter two only move the pegs- I made new levers myself).

The Guzzi rearsets are about the same position as stock. The other two are better.

I've no experience on the Motobits...

I don't think there is a comprehensive list of possible modifications, however, ryland offers this in the FAQ section:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13057

or do a search for 'footpeg' or 'footpeg relocation' or 'move' or some such.

I've used the stock Guzzi rearsets, Buell pegs and the Sportbike Pacific sets (the latter two only move the pegs- I made new levers myself).

The Guzzi rearsets are about the same position as stock. The other two are better.

I've no experience on the Motobits...

I have a set from Ryland, advertised in the MGNOC news letter. I am very pleased with them...

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

I know that there were already a lot of threads about this subject but I'm receiving a lot of protest from my knees lately.

I think there are several options to bring the footpegs in a more comfy position.

Buell pegs!

Motratech set!

Motobits set!

Centauro pegs!

others maybe...?

It would be very nice to see those options in one thread (with pics please) and make the decision easier.

Sorry for my poor English.

regards

Hello Riek,

I have a 2002 LeMans and have installed the Motratech set. Although the installation directions leave a lot of room for improvement, once installed correctly, they have made a huge improvement in long ride comfort. I also put on the MRA.de higher windscreen and bar risers that move the bars up and back approximately 40 mm. This combination leaves the bike "sporty" enough to really lean into corners, but makes it more comfortable for me on longer trips, allowing a more upright riding position. With these mods, this is now my favorite road bike of the 8 that I've owned.

Best Regards,

Paul

I have most of the Centauri bits to lower my LemaNS PEGS BUT IT DOESN'T LOOK too easy to fit up// the brake lever has a bend in it and looks like a awkward position to apply brake.

anyone have picsd of the Centauro pegs on a V11?

I'll second the endorsment for the Motratech foot peg/control relocation kit. It does move the foot pegs quite a bit farther forward, but not significantly lower than the stock rearsets so there are no ground clearance issues in the turns. The reloacated pegs are a nice match for the handlebars on my Ballabio and are a lot easier on the knees over the course of a five hundred mile day.

I think its all relative to how bad your knees are but I cannot recommend the motobits enough. The move the pegs down and forward an inch and are more adjustable than most. They install in an hour or two depending on shop knowledge and look great on the bike. Got mine from the shop in Seattle (moto international?) sorry but this martini is killing brain cells:) and yes I'm a light weight.

I think its all relative to how bad your knees are but I cannot recommend the motobits enough. The move the pegs down and forward an inch and are more adjustable than most. They install in an hour or two depending on shop knowledge and look great on the bike. Got mine from the shop in Seattle (moto international?) sorry but this martini is killing brain cells:) and yes I'm a light weight.

Did a search but couldn't find it.Was there a solution for just lowering the brake pedal?My foot pegs and shifter positions are fine but the brake is useless in that position.Didn't want the expense of changing pegs and controls.

Guest ratchethack
Did a search but couldn't find it.Was there a solution for just lowering the brake pedal?My foot pegs and shifter positions are fine but the brake is useless in that position.Didn't want the expense of changing pegs and controls.

With the OE setup, the engagement point of the brake lever is adjustable at the locknut on the master cylinder rod. The resting position of the pedal is adjustable by turning the stop cam on the pork chop and re-setting it.

Some (myself included) have found an ideal brake pedal position higher than possible with the OE setup by removing the stop cam altogether, installing a fabbed-up stop bracket in its place, and substituting a longer master cylinder rod. I made mine from an old M6 case bolt.

Hope this helps. :luigi:

As for the Buell solution I tried it but took them off as fast as I could. Strange position of feet....

Me too - the made it difficult to support my torso without putting excessive weight on the handlebars. But I sold them to someone who presumably is very happy with them. So no way of telling what will work for you. The beauty of the Buell setup is they are cheap, and if you don't like them you can easily re-sell and get most of your money back. Joe