footpegs

riek

Thanks RH,

I lowered it to the lowest position that the adjuster would allow,but it still rests above my tow.Have to lift my foot to get on top of it.I thought I had seen a thread about this a while back ,as a common problem,but it didin't come up in the search.Don't know if PO installed lower pegs,don't have anything to compare it to.I'll have another look at it ,maybe I'm missing something.,.... :blush:

Guest ratchethack
. . .Don't know if PO installed lower pegs,don't have anything to compare it to.I'll have another look at it ,maybe I'm missing something.,.... :blush:

FWIW, I just measured it. The OE MC rod is 88 mm. The one I made from a bolt is ~100 mm.

I'm very happy with the Buell conversion and it was inexpensive (I do use "sorbothane" insoles to my boots to dampen the vibrations), and have custom bar risers that give me about 5 cm ht and ~5 cm less reach. I'm happy for 12 hrs, and really happy on curvy roads at tempo. Not sure I could say this with forward controls, but I'm beginning to see some Harley's move surprisingly fast in these conditions. (Am I the only one?)

For what its worth, I'm 188 cm (6'2") tall, with 86 cm (34") inseam.

I liked the lower and further back position of the Buell footpegs, but there wasn't enough adjustment available with the stock Guzzi parts for me to get the shifter and brake pedals low enough to where I liked them. I used the Buell pegs for 2 years then installed the Motobits kit, which has very adjustable shifter and brake pedals. A couple pics:

Guzzi001.jpg

Guzzi003.jpg

I made a few changes to the kit to suit me. I replaced the motobits aluminum toe pegs with modifiedTarozzi parts to get rubber covers, and offset the brake arm inward toward the motor. The only semi-complaint that I have is the non-folding pegs. I get a little worried about them catching on the road when I'm leaned over hard so I might work on installing some folding pegs this winter.

• 5 years later...

I finally took some pictures of the Motobits foot controls with the standard non-pivoting pegs replaced with pivoting Rizoma pegs.  Now I don't have to worry about snagging a peg when leaned way over.

IMG_0248.jpg

IMG_0244.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for the pics Tom. Food for thought...

I'd also like to add a big THANKYOU to motobits - I lost the little cam adjuster for the rear brake and they're sending me a replacement for a VERY reasonable cost ( postage) - great service!

I'm very happy with the Buell conversion and it was inexpensive (I do use "sorbothane" insoles to my boots to dampen the vibrations), and have custom bar risers that give me about 5 cm ht and ~5 cm less reach. I'm happy for 12 hrs, and really happy on curvy roads at tempo. Not sure I could say this with forward controls, but I'm beginning to see some Harley's move surprisingly fast in these conditions. (Am I the only one?)

For what its worth, I'm 188 cm (6'2") tall, with 86 cm (34") inseam.

Hi Lamedog,

Which handlebar risers have you fitted? I'm considering Apex when the money is available

I've had the Apex adjustable clipons for a while now and they are spot on, I have the clamps facing backwards to bring the bars closer, fit them above the top yoke just like the stock clamps, I had to drop the forks about 10mm as the Apex clamps are deeper, you will need a longer brake pipe also, order 54mm clamps and 4inch risers

• 7 months later...

I didn't have to modify the Rizoma pegs or the Motobits parts, but I did have a couple bushings made to mount the pegs to the Motobits hanger.  Here's the drawing for the bushing:

Edit: this bushing is designed to work with the Rizoma PE606A folding footpeg adapter which works with a few different Rizoma footpegs.  Also the Rizoma pegs came with 8mm mounting bolts. I drilled and tapped them to 10mm so they could be mounted with the Motobits 10mm hardware.

PEG BUSHING.PDF

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I know that there were already a lot of threads about this subject but I'm receiving a lot of protest from my knees lately.

I think there are several options to bring the footpegs in a more comfy position.

Buell pegs!

Motratech set!

Motobits set!

Centauro pegs!

others maybe...?

It would be very nice to see those options in one thread (with pics please) and make the decision easier.

Sorry for my poor English.

regards

Wow, a near carbon copy thread from the topic listed literally right next (below) in line beneath this thread.  I admit to getting lazy too, but man.... 

It can be said that we have some patient forum contributors! 

I have the knight design dropped pegs, from Oregon (my rainy homeland...), and they're great, but do leave the levers a bit out of ideal reach/ergo, as has been discussed.  I live with it, because I don't use the V11 as a daily rider.  If I did, I'd pull the trigger on the Motobits.  And I may anyway at some point, given all the good feedback.