Which models are on the Forum?

belfastguzzi

I just bought a 2001 Quota 1100.

Currently setting it up for touring, Looking for the front fairing and headlights off a 1000 Quota.

Cheers

Brian

I don't guees there is a law against touring w/a dual sport ?

Congratulations on buying the most bulletproof bike made.

I don't guees there is a law against touring w/a dual sport ?

Congratulations on buying the most bulletproof bike made.

Right up there with the KLR650?

I've got a 2009 1200Sport 8v and a new Griso 8v.

I've just started to ride the Griso and will post elsewhere with my initial views/experiances.

Andy Roo.

08' 1200 Sport that is mostly used for business trips...gotta get there, gotta get back, 350+ km each way.

04' Cafe Sport I also let one of my boys ride.

Dennis

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a 1997 Sport 1100i which is not all together at the moment (a perpetual case as it were), a 2006 Norge (also apart for fairing modifications) and a V7 Café. I no longer have my V11 Sport and I believe that it was the best bike out of all of the Guzzis I've had.

Since I sold my Rosso Corsa with my wife's blessing to buy something on which she can ride pillion, I have focused on the Stelvio and Norge as a replacement. I am sold on the new 8V motor, regardless, and ultimately I would like to wait for the new 8V Norge to make it over here to the states, but if I can't wait I have been looking closely at the Stelvio. I found a brand new MY 2009 (red) for $10,750 which sounds like a pretty good deal to me. My question for those in the know is whether the MY 2010 Stelvio is a better option supposedly with all the bugs worked out of the 8V motor?

• 3 weeks later...

Since I sold my Rosso Corsa with my wife's blessing to buy something on which she can ride pillion, I have focused on the Stelvio and Norge as a replacement. I am sold on the new 8V motor, regardless, and ultimately I would like to wait for the new 8V Norge to make it over here to the states, but if I can't wait I have been looking closely at the Stelvio. I found a brand new MY 2009 (red) for $10,750 which sounds like a pretty good deal to me. My question for those in the know is whether the MY 2010 Stelvio is a better option supposedly with all the bugs worked out of the 8V motor?

Depends on what motor and mapping you have in your 2010's. The new A8 motor is mre softly tuned than the previous A5 motor and in my experience runs very nicely straight out of the box. Most of my Stelvio owning customers are very happy with their A5 motored machines but they *may* need a bit more fiddling to get 'Just Right' though. If I had the option I'd be buying a 2010 Griso with the A8 motor, well I do have the option but I'm very happy with my A5 motored bike and can't be arsed to spend more on the swap.

Pete

Depends on what motor and mapping you have in your 2010's. The new A8 motor is mre softly tuned than the previous A5 motor and in my experience runs very nicely straight out of the box. Most of my Stelvio owning customers are very happy with their A5 motored machines but they *may* need a bit more fiddling to get 'Just Right' though. If I had the option I'd be buying a 2010 Griso with the A8 motor, well I do have the option but I'm very happy with my A5 motored bike and can't be arsed to spend more on the swap.

Pete

Thanks for the reply Pete. How can a common customer determine if an 8V motor is an A5 or an A8? Would a dealer know the difference, and how could one document an A5 or A8 motor on a new Stelvio for example, like the '09 I mentioned? Also, what distinguishes a MY '09 from a MY '10? Is there a master list of VIN numbers that is available? So many questions, and so few answers. :P

Thanks for the reply Pete. How can a common customer determine if an 8V motor is an A5 or an A8? Would a dealer know the difference, and how could one document an A5 or A8 motor on a new Stelvio for example, like the '09 I mentioned? Also, what distinguishes a MY '09 from a MY '10? Is there a master list of VIN numbers that is available? So many questions, and so few answers. :P

If its an '08-09 it'll have the A5 motor hich is the 'Full house' Griso donk with the more radical cams and, if its an '08 the early rather ordinary fueling unless the map has been upgraded. To the best of my knowledge ALL the 2010 8V motor are A8's. Interesting thing with the Grisos is that although the cams have been changed there are, as far as I know, no changes to the mapping from the 'Original' awful map that the earlier bikes came out with but the new ones run very sweetly straight out of the box. My 'Guess', and this is pure supposition, is that the bike was originally going to be released with the A8 motor but in that trim it didn't quite make the 'Magical' 100RWHP figure that everybody says is neccessary. So they increased the lift and duration of the cams but didn't bother remapping it. It produced the magic 100 ponies at the rear wheel but ran like a dog in the midrange and bottom end! Now the broo-ha-ha about the new motor has died down they've quietly reverted to the A8, 'Softer', motor and it makes for a much nicer motorbike. I've ridden 2010 1200 Sport 4V's and 2010 Griso 12's with he A8 motor and being brutally honest although I really like the way both my A5 engined Grisos go and won't swap them if I had a choice I'd go with the A8 motored model which is almost turbine like in the way it delivers power from nothing to 'Oh Shit!' territory!. The A8 was first released in the Stelvio NTX but now seems to be a universal fitment to the entire 4VPC range.

Pete