SF Bay Area Guzzi Dinners

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So,

I finally made it to Alice's for the Guzzi Dinner! :bike: I went across the San Mateo Bridge and encountered a high cross wind, my friend on his Ducati 748 was hating life across the bridge. Once we turned off onto Highway 35, I thought we could crank up some speed. :blink: After a few turns we were in the fog and the road became wet so a slower pace was needed (still getting used to the Dunlop 220's).

There were 7 at our table, 5 Guzzi's, 1 Duc, 1 Hog, we ate, talked and ate somemore. :food:

Had a fun time, I can't wait for next month!

Mike

....which bike did you take?

BTW, like my 2 previous visits, were you the only "late model" Guzzi in attendance :P

In all my previous visits, the newest bike was an 80's LeMans, and then they just got "older" after that :D

al

Al,

I rode the 00 V11 Sport to see how the Dunlop D220 would work. Due to the damp/wet roads, I could not push the bike as much as I wanted to. :blink:

And, yes, My bike was the newest bike.

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

OK Northern Californians,

Here we go again! :homer:

The Doc Wong Guzzi Dinner is this coming up on Monday (May 10th) at 7 ish PM. Should be great weather and I expect to be there.

Al, If you can make it there, I will clean your bike for you! :P

Mike

• 4 weeks later...
Anyone going tonight? The dinner is tonight right? :unsure:

....hrmm, forgot about that ^_^

As per Jaap's question above, we've been pretty busy and a lot on our minds lately, so the "dinner" completely slipped my mind :huh2:

So, no, unfortunately I don't think I will be making it... just don't want to tempt fate and all <_ . but everything is fine here. denise very ready to be done with this whole pregnancy thing src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_rolleyes.gif" alt=":rolleyes:"> ...can't say I blame her :blink:

The delivery/c-section is scheduled for next Wed, June 16th at 5pm, so keep your fingers crossed for good luck.... just a week to go :bier:

al

Guest marcialc

good luck Al, fatherhood is a wonderous and rewarding life experience...it'll make the solitary guzzi riding time that much more enjoyable :bike:

Seems like the turnout for the monthly dinner has been getting slowly but consistently more and more sparse as the months have worn on....

...to the point that last month, only one rider showed up... waited around, and finally left :(

But of course, it coincided with the newly christened "Bay Area Ducati Night"... so there ya go.

Read the thread below:

http://www.wildguzzi.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6461

So, if the Guzzi Night is on it's last legs, maybe we can just do what I suggested in the thread, and have an "Italian" Bay Area Motorcycle night instead? Dare I say it might be more "interesting" anyway with a mix of bikes? :whistle:

I guess if everyone thought this was a good idea, we could just ask Doc Wong what he thinks, since he was the original organizer :huh2:

I mean, heck there was even a Laverda there :sun:

:D

al