I've had a problem on and off with my V11 that's become more

on than off... Running at 5k +/-, when I throttle back to

anywhere from 3500 to 4500, the bike can set up a series

of surges, or bucking. Maintaining an even throttle is

difficult to say the least. Compounding this, the throttle

is so light and sensitive that it's often difficult

modulating it on tight throttle sensitive downhills,

as well as the aforementioned. When this first happened, I

took it to my dealer, very reputable, and the TPS was off.

The official response was that since I washed my bike, water

was collecting in the bottom of the TPS and the corrosion

was causing a change in value for the TPS. That I can buy,

but the bike went in 700 miles ago for it's 6K service, and

the surgeing and bucking are so bad, I'm thinking of selling

it, and keeping my carb LMIII, 'cause it never runs any

different, unlike the V11.

Anyone with similar experiences; a common nature of this beast??

Rob

Guest v11eric

Rob,

there must be something wrong, The symptoms you discribe are far from normal. How is youre syngronisation, there this bike is sensitive on.

The range from 3500-4500 is the range where there is a giant valley in the power and torque line. Whit the original mufflers on my bike it has trobble picking up at that range, but it doesn't run bad.

Keep looking for the problem and let us know

succes

Eric

01 V11 Lemans

Guest scott

Rob, I feel your pain. My LeMans has similar fuel injection issues, but I don't notice the surging/missing until I'm between 2000-3500 rpm. The fuel injection system is so sensitive to throttle response that it about drives me to puts carbs on the thing! Also, the surging becomes worse when it gets really "hot" outside or I'm stuck in traffic. My dealer is at a loss. Keep us posted.

I've got Power Commander on my stock (except K&N filter) bike and with a stock map (not zero map, which just passes whatever is sent by ECM) the bike runs smoother and throttle response is better and occasional backfiring is gone.

Now, I am not saying that that is your cure, since without PC my bike did not experience your troubles. You would need to run it through carburation software and set up stock calibration. I understand not all the dealers have that or bother to know how to properly use it.

Janusz, what is the difference in a "stock" vs "zero" map? Also, did the powercommander soften up the throttle response (ie, reduce the intensity the throttle has to slight increase/decreases in movement)? Thanks!!

Like Scott my bike experinced the same syptoms at roughly the same rpm range.It was worse as the outside temps increased.Iwent thru a series of changes trying to eliminate these problems starting with Mistral cans.Stucchi crossover,K N pod filters , Power commanderThe one single item to make the most difference was the crossover. However once the P.C. was installed most of the drivabilty problems had been solved except i still had a stumble at 3000rpm .After spending so much money and still not having the bike running a optimum level I considered selling it or trying carbs.Two weeks ago Todd and Nick of the MGNOC spent 3 days at Dyno Jet making new maps for Guzzis.I had Mike of mph cycles install the map that best fit my mods.Problem solved the bike now does snap wheelies in first gear[ i weigh 250lbs] stronger thru the entire rpm range no misfires or or surging nothing but PERFECT. I would suggest that you vist Dyno Jet web site and install one of the new maps.To say that the transformation is awesome would be a understatement!!! :)

Guest marcialc

a couple of handy links:

http://www.powercommander.com/suppguzmaps.shtml

http://www.powercommander.com/706-211.shtml

an instructions on tuning the powercommander:

http://www.partsmag.com/drag-specialties-0...nojet-0203.html

hope this helps :)

BTW, after installing map "M706-001 - Completely stock bike" i did notice a slight increase in throttle response, however the bike still experienced some pinging and occassional stalls when stopping from a high speed.

Increased the idle from 1000 to about 1200. BIG IMPROVEMENT. I can really feel the difference in throttle response and the bass from the mufflers seems deeper now :D

P.S...if any other scura owners have a stock bike with PCIII, I'd like to know what maps your using and what mods if any. thanks :helmet: