8V speed parts

jlburgess

I'm back on the forum after a 5 year hiatus. Just had to have another Guzzi, this time it's an 8V Griso.

I'd like to hear any experiences with big bore kits or other mods from ghezzi & Brian or other tuners.

I've had a Zard pipe on the bike for a while and now have a prototype PC V and airbox eliminator. A BMC filter is on the way then going for dyno tuning. Any other ways to Guzzi bliss?

I'm back on the forum after a 5 year hiatus. Just had to have another Guzzi, this time it's an 8V Griso.

I'd like to hear any experiences with big bore kits or other mods from ghezzi & Brian or other tuners.

I've had a Zard pipe on the bike for a while and now have a prototype PC V and airbox eliminator. A BMC filter is on the way then going for dyno tuning. Any other ways to Guzzi bliss?

I don't think anyone has done any major mod type parts for the 8v engine yet: it has only infinitesimal parts commonality w/ the old 2v engines [why did Guzzi jump from "valves per head" to "valves per engine" nomenclature? That was stupid! henceforth, the new engines are QV ("quattro valvole") to distinguish them from the old 4v V1000 engines...], and it's still too new to have built up a large enough owner base for someone to take the risk of developing expen$ive aftermarket parts for it that may never sell.

Best of luck, but I think you're just too early to the field to find what you're seeking. :huh2:

John, once map modification is successfully sorted then those that are interested can start the port/flow/cam route. My own feeling is that with an opened up airbox and exhaust and proper fuelling 105+HP is going to be dead easy at the rear wheel. Mine with 96.something at the rear wheel currently and a big screen will pull very close to the rev limiter in top. Any more poer per-se isn't going to achieve a lot. hat is going to benefit us most I think is using map modifiers to enable a major fattening up on the midrange torque.

Once I have the fuelling sorted on my 8V in its current trim I'm seriously considering trying a set of 09 on Stelvio cams which are apparently designed to give more midrange, albeit at the expense of a little top end. Not an issue for me, I preffer having 'Big Stomp' between 4500 and 7000 to a few more horsies at the top.

Pete

• 2 weeks later...
John, once map modification is successfully sorted then those that are interested can start the port/flow/cam route. My own feeling is that with an opened up airbox and exhaust and proper fuelling 105+HP is going to be dead easy at the rear wheel. Mine with 96.something at the rear wheel currently and a big screen will pull very close to the rev limiter in top. Any more poer per-se isn't going to achieve a lot. hat is going to benefit us most I think is using map modifiers to enable a major fattening up on the midrange torque.

Once I have the fuelling sorted on my 8V in its current trim I'm seriously considering trying a set of 09 on Stelvio cams which are apparently designed to give more midrange, albeit at the expense of a little top end. Not an issue for me, I preffer having 'Big Stomp' between 4500 and 7000 to a few more horsies at the top.

Pete

The dyno chart Piaggio showed us indicated a bump of 3-7 hp through the midrange, with just a loss of 2 hp or so starting at about 7800 rpm. All this from memory, as they did not pass out the chart.