Progressive fork springs: One size DOES NOT fit all.

docc

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest ratchethack

Hm. I always find it fascinating when a popular delusion goes down, how many weak minded come out of the woodwork to demonstrate classic denial behavior as their egos go gown with the delusion. :P

It's not only how many. It's all the unique, occasionally quite intricate and diverse attributes of personal denial that suddenly spring forth when face to face with the glaring evidence of how tightly the fools have had their egos wrapped up around idiocy and falsehood for years, in some cases probably decades. . . :whistle:

As far as pattern behaviors go, some o' the behavior on this thread is truly some of the most bizarre I've seen on this Forum. And that's saying something. . . As with any significant delusion, there's obviously a great deal of pain and pent-up personal agony here. . . Why, it's very much like watching the proverbial pouring of gasoline on the proverbial bucket o' catawba worms. :bbblll:

post-1212-1257346656.jpg

Bucket o' Catawba Worms

Looks like most o' the usual suspects have already clocked in. Notice that not a one has a hint o' sincere interest in the topic, nor the slightest interest in facts, nor in discussing and/or debating ideas on their merit (or lack thereof) like adults? None. It's purely delusion defense and ego preservation. It doesn't get any more childish than this. But with adults that act like children, I always find such spectacular dreck borderline semi-amusing enough -- as far as spectacular dreck goes, that is. I b'lieve I'll pull up a chair, there may be a few more volunteers on their way, perhaps some new and unique squirming gyrations to behold from some o' the larvae already assembled. . .

As always on the ol' Tech Forum, I figure best stir things up and flush out the bottom o' the cesspool now 'n then, otherwise the most toxic sludge eventually builds up into a truly nasty semi-solid mass, with a character all it's own. . . not to mention odor. . .

Once it gets to that point, it's much harder to flush it all down. . . :o:whistle:

Hm. I always find it fascinating when a popular delusion goes down, how many weak minded come out of the woodwork to demonstrate classic denial behavior as their egos go gown with the delusion. :P

It's not only how many. It's all the unique, occasionally quite intricate and diverse attributes of personal denial that suddenly spring forth when face to face with the glaring evidence of how tightly the fools have had their egos wrapped up in idiocy and falsehood for years, in some cases probably decades. . . :whistle:

As far as pattern behaviors go, some o' the behavior on this thread is truly some of the most bizarre I've seen on this Forum. And that's saying something. . . There's obviously a great deal of pain and pent-up personal agony here. . . Why, it's very much like watching the proverbial pouring of gasoline on the proverbial bucket o' catawba worms. :bbblll:

bucket_o_catawba_worms.jpg

Bucket o' Catawba Worms

Looks like most o' the usual suspects have already clocked in. Notice that not a one has a hint o' sincere interest in the topic, nor the slightest interest in facts, or in discussing and/or debating ideas on their merit (or lack thereof) like adults? It's purely delusion defense and ego preservation. It dosn't get any more childish than this. But in adults, I always find such spectacular dreck borderline semi-amusing enough -- as far as spectacular dreck goes, that is. I b'lieve I'll pull up a chair, there may be a few more volunteers on their way, perhaps some new and unique squirming gyrations to behold from some o' the larvae already assembled. . .

As always on the ol' Tech Forum, I figure best stir things up and flush out the bottom o' the cesspool now 'n then, otherwise the most toxic sludge eventually builds up into a truly nasty semi-solid mass, with a character all it's own. . .

Once it gets to that point, it's much harder to flush it down. . . :o:whistle:

Is that HatchetWacker speak for "Oops, sorry. My bad. I posted inaccurate info and I'm sorry. Please disregard what I said"?

If so then apology accepted.

Post something to support what you are saying or STFU.

edit

Yes sir, I'll get right on that. Any more orders while I'm at it?

If I provided a link to every post where you were hair splitting I'd get accused of blovation.

For now I'll just point out that your contribution here is usually demeaning, sarcastic, self promoting or hair splitting. If you just look at the thread that hatched this one, Your posts # 34 & 42 are demeaning, 36 & 45 are sarcastic and 38 is self promoting. Not a lot of technical advice is there?

edit

Yes sir, I'll get right on that. Any more orders while I'm at it?

If I provided a link to every post where you were hair splitting I'd get accused of blovation.

For now I'll just point out that your contribution here is usually demeaning, sarcastic, self promoting or hair splitting. If you just look at the thread that hatched this one, Your posts # 34 & 42 are demeaning, 36 & 45 are sarcastic and 38 is self promoting. Not a lot of technical advice is there?

More then you have put in to this thread. Atleast I offered some technical input, all you have done is jump on the HatchetWacker bandwagon in support of him without having any idea about what was going on. I say that because if you had bothered to investigate what Wacker posted you too would have seen that he was mistaken. But do you or Wacker stand up and say "Oops, my bad. Sorry I was mistaken"? No, you then proceed to hurl insults at me and question my character when my only mistake here was to question what Wacker posted (although it was not hard to see that his info was in error). So, if you don't like me, that's fine. I don't care. But if you have issue with info I have posted please feel free to post your own evidence to show that I am in error. But if all you have is to hurl insults at me and question my character, well sh!t, you don't even know me.

And if you think that pointing out that Wackers response to someone else saying that the fact that the progressive spring he posted about that only comes in a one size fits all package does not support his original point by posting a link that shows a straight rate spring that also comes in a one size fits all package was in fact another progressive spring and not a straight rate spring as he said is hair splitting then you are obviously someone who does not let the facts of the matter cloud the issue. In that case I doubt you will ever learn anything you don't already know.

As far as me busting on Wacker I'd have to say that he brings it on himself. I don't jump straight to the insults and character assasination, but I do throw it back hard. If you can't take it then don't dish it out.

More then you have put in to this thread. Atleast I offered some technical input, all you have done is jump on the HatchetWacker bandwagon in support of him without having any idea about what was going on. I say that because if you had bothered to investigate what Wacker posted you too would have seen that he was mistaken. But do you or Wacker stand up and say "Oops, my bad. Sorry I was mistaken"? No, you then proceed to hurl insults at me and question my character when my only mistake here was to question what Wacker posted (although it was not hard to see that his info was in error). So, if you don't like me, that's fine. I don't care. But if you have issue with info I have posted please feel free to post your own evidence to show that I am in error. But if all you have is to hurl insults at me and question my character, well sh!t, you don't even know me.

And if you think that pointing out that Wackers response to someone else saying that the fact that the progressive spring he posted about that only comes in a one size fits all package does not support his original point by posting a link that shows a straight rate spring that also comes in a one size fits all package was in fact another progressive spring and not a straight rate spring as he said is hair splitting then you are obviously someone who does not let the facts of the matter cloud the issue. In that case I doubt you will ever learn anything you don't already know.

As far as me busting on Wacker I'd have to say that he brings it on himself. I don't jump straight to the insults and character assasination, but I do throw it back hard. If you can't take it then don't dish it out.

I've complained about hair splitting which is of no value. (you were talking about the photo, remember?)

I responded to being told to STFU. What is up with that?

So far as hurling insults or questioning your character where do you find that?

My point is sarcasm, demeaning and self promoting posts are of little value on a tech forum.

Just what do you want me to say "oops, my bad, sorry I was mistaken" about? Did I print false information? Did I supply a bad link?

I've complained about hair splitting which is of no value. (you were talking about the photo, remember?)

I responded to being told to STFU. What is up with that?

So far as hurling insults or questioning your character where do you find that?

My point is sarcasm, demeaning and self promoting posts are of little value on a tech forum.

Just what do you want me to say "oops, my bad, sorry I was mistaken" about? Did I print false information? Did I supply a bad link?

You jumped in to the defense of HatchetWacker and pronounced that I was "Friggen hair splitting again" because I pointed out Wackers mistake and deemed that I was wrong and that WP likely just couldn't be bothered to put up a correct picture of a straight rate spring. Then you made a crack, "Reminds me of another excitable boy around the net."

Now maybe you meant that in some sort of positive, constructive, way. But it sounded to me like you were saying Wacker was right and I was wrong. That turns out to not be the case. I also don't consider it to be "hair splitting" when in a discussion about progressive springs vs. straight rate springs that when someone post an example of straight rate springs to support his side and the example he posts is in fact progressive rate springs. That seems like it is central to the issue at hand.

And if you care to check you will find that I typically don't start with the insults, that is wackers thing. But I do return them at times. You perhaps had the misfortune of jumping in to it after it had already gotten nasty (Wackers first post referencing me started off with insults and never looked back). To that I say, if you jump in a puddle of sh!t you're likely to get some on you.

You stated that the photos were in error and implied that Wacker was correct and as it turns out the photos were not in error but you and Wacker were. At that point you can man up and say "My bad" or you can be belligerent and keep trying to paint it like I am the one to blame. I didn't make that choice for you, you did.

And for the record, I said post something to support your assertion that I was wrong OR STFU. You responded with sarcasm and questioning my character.

You jumped in to the defense of HatchetWacker and pronounced that I was "Friggen hair splitting again" because I pointed out Wackers mistake and deemed that I was wrong and that WP likely just couldn't be bothered to put up a correct picture of a straight rate spring. Then you made a crack, "Reminds me of another excitable boy around the net."

Now maybe you meant that in some sort of positive, constructive, way. But it sounded to me like you were saying Wacker was right and I was wrong. That turns out to not be the case. I also don't consider it to be "hair splitting" when in a discussion about progressive springs vs. straight rate springs that when someone post an example of straight rate springs to support his side and the example he posts is in fact progressive rate springs. That seems like it is central to the issue at hand.

And if you care to check you will find that I typically don't start with the insults, that is wackers thing. But I do return them at times. You perhaps had the misfortune of jumping in to it after it had already gotten nasty (Wackers first post referencing me started off with insults and never looked back). To that I say, if you jump in a puddle of sh!t you're likely to get some on you.

You stated that the photos were in error and implied that Wacker was correct and as it turns out the photos were not in error but you and Wacker were. At that point you can man up and say "My bad" or you can be belligerent and keep trying to paint it like I am the one to blame. I didn't make that choice for you, you did.

And for the record, I said post something to support your assertion that I was wrong OR STFU. You responded with sarcasm and questioning my character.

I complained about hair-splitting. It seems you can't get past that. Had nothing to do with what RH wrote. I never quoted him. Your comment was about the photo. Go back and read what you wrote. I pointed out that WP's site used the same photo for fork springs no matter what the application is.

If you have read and understood what I've written and not confused me with anyone else you'll find I made no reference to progressive or straight rate springs anywhere. Never gave an opinion of what to use street, track or parking lot. This whole tirade and your constant name calling, pointing at others and nitpicking does indeed remind me of other posters past & present.

You sir are the one who has been belligerent. It seems to be your way.

Can't you gentlemen move your bickering to the 24/7 V11 thread. This is a "Technical Topic", correct. There are so many valuable threads that are filled with similar useless posts that getting the info out of them is next to impossible. Have a little consideration.

This is a "Technical Topic", correct. There are so many valuable threads that are filled with similar useless posts that getting the info out of them is next to impossible. Have a little consideration.

Right. thanks for the wake up call Emry