it's spitting back alot and wont run well

motoguzzimick

hello i need help,

my 99 v11 sport is being a royal pain in the arse,i was headed home from work the other night when the bugger started misfiring and

spitting back through the injectors and nearly cutting out just off open throttle .ive cleaned out the petrol tank ,changed the fuel filter and replaced the rubber injector manifolds for new (they looked split,but they never do ?) ballenced up the injectors and adjusted the air bypass etc all ok, it seems like an air leak or weak mixture but i cannot find anything. im kind of convinced its fuel starvation and i found a bit of water in the tank ? any ideas anyone ,can water find its way into the injectors ? the only other thing i can think is that the tps has gone off ? been riding these things for 20 years and had this one for nine its been fine aprat form the usual mg stuff

help ...anyone got any ideas :angry:

My first guess would have been a leaky intake but you eliminated that. Here's some stuff I'd look at if my bike was acting up. If you have the electric petcock is it working? How old is your fuel filter? Are the fuel and vent lines not pinched? Have you tried swapping any relays around? Are your battery and your charging system OK?

Hope you get the problem soved quickly...

My first guess would have been a leaky intake but you eliminated that. Here's some stuff I'd look at if my bike was acting up. If you have the electric petcock is it working? How old is your fuel filter? Are the fuel and vent lines not pinched? Have you tried swapping any relays around? Are your battery and your charging system OK?

Hope you get the problem soved quickly...

Thanks for that i didnt think to check it was charging, the batterys only got 11 volts its not coming up to 13 volts running either so a good pointer,fuel starvation not.The EFI probably wont run that low, Ill have to get my charger back i lent it to someone the other day typical eh

ill get it charged up and see what happens,

By the way if that electric petock thing packs up and u get stuck somewhere take the thing off and remove the o ring that seals on the end of the solenoid shaft,it gets u going again.

My new post will be anyone know how to test the charging circuit,the regulator /rectifier box seems to be switching at any rate at least i hope so its newish

thanks for the tip ill still be on the bus tommorow,but its a start...........

My new post will be anyone know how to test the charging circuit,the regulator /rectifier box seems to be switching at any rate at least i hope so its newish

I think this thread on the cog has any info you need about that subject. The V11's has the exact same parts.

hello again

for all those that offered assitance thank you,it actually turned out to be the throttle position sensor ! i took several readings off it and in the end although it appered to be fine in its calibration i just moved it untill it stopped spitting back and now its fine.

i guess it just needs to be set up where the "sweet spot" is , i havent had to have it adjusted ie serviced for 7-8 years though which is the last time a guzzi mechanic looked at it. Proves that these things are not always calibrated and just left alone. ......a valuable lesson learned

hello again

for all those that offered assitance thank you,it actually turned out to be the throttle position sensor ! i took several readings off it and in the end although it appered to be fine in its calibration i just moved it untill it stopped spitting back and now its fine.

i guess it just needs to be set up where the "sweet spot" is , i havent had to have it adjusted ie serviced for 7-8 years though which is the last time a guzzi mechanic looked at it. Proves that these things are not always calibrated and just left alone. ......a valuable lesson learned

Take a look at my post "Throttle Position Offset", you might find it usefull

Roy