Fly Screen

justmike

a few have used the older buell flyscreen, might be super hard to find in the future with them going tits up and all but there was even a tutorial for using one as it works for almost any round headlamp fitted bike, mine looks pretty good I think

DSC_3959.jpg

DSC_3006.jpg

I notice the tailpiece isn't on that one, well it is now just was out for paint, must say too if you could just slap a seat on it the bike looked pretty badass all slimmed down in the tail like that. ^_^

a few have used the older buell flyscreen, might be super hard to find in the future with them going tits up and all but there was even a tutorial for using one as it works for almost any round headlamp fitted bike, mine looks pretty good I think

DSC_3959.jpg

DSC_3006.jpg

I notice the tailpiece isn't on that one, well it is now just was out for paint, must say too if you could just slap a seat on it the bike looked pretty badass all slimmed down in the tail like that. ^_^

I've seen that screen before and wondered about the bulge in the centre - but it's actually a perfect fit by the looks of it. And the CF is sweet. Looks awesome.

Oh great, now there's another one to choose from :o

PS - where'd you get the reservoir caps- they look great too.

Very nice. What year/model Buell is that screen from? Better yet, a part number?

The M2 Cyclones and Blasts had fly screens with the hump in the middle. The tube frame X-1 Lightnings had the hump offset to the side and don't fit the same way. Not sure of the year ranges, but if you go with 2000 you should be fine.

you can thank google and my weak memory of what is needed the x1 lightning 99-02 and the m2 cyclone used the same flyscreen the buell blast one is slightly narrower and has a higher center hump and this works on nearly ANY round headlight application and is really inexpensive when you look at it, hopefully HD still stocks all of this

1 . Primed windscreen: 59772-97Y $42.95 (Or on my bike I used a Lockhart Phillips carbon fiber flyscreen: 427-1152 $84.95, think I only paid $50 for some reason)

2 . Right windscreen bracket: 59745-97Y $3.75

3 . Left windscreen bracket: 59746-97Y $3.75

4 . Rubber trim: 53773-97Y $1.25 (optional, but looks nice)

5 . Well nuts (4): 59736-94Y ($0.60 each) $2.40

6 . Nylon washers (4): 7047Y ($1.00 each) $4.00

7 . Windscreen bolts 8X3 (4): AN0806.3CBL ($0.45 each) $1.80

8 . single sided sticky foam strip with decent thickness so it doesn't rattle or rub on your instrument cluster

I hope this helps

you can thank google and my weak memory of what is needed the x1 lightning 99-02 and the m2 cyclone used the same flyscreen the buell blast one is slightly narrower and has a higher center hump and this works on nearly ANY round headlight application and is really inexpensive when you look at it, hopefully HD still stocks all of this

1 . Primed windscreen: 59772-97Y $42.95 (Or on my bike I used a Lockhart Phillips carbon fiber flyscreen: 427-1152 $84.95, think I only paid $50 for some reason)

8 . single sided sticky foam strip with decent thickness so it doesn't rattle or rub on your instrument cluster

I hope this helps

Very cool. This may be added to my winter projects. Thanks.

I hope this helps

Only thing that I can add is that the 99 and up Lightning used a different fly screen with an offset hump. The M2 Cyclone or Blast screen is what you want if you are using the stock V11 gauge cluster. The early Lightnings ('98 and before) had the hump offset to one side and the later ones (99 and later) had the hump offset to the other side.

I was just looking at the Thruxton flyscreen today on the airtech site for my T3 cafe bike. Its a nice looking screen. I did see a V11 sport with a lemans 1 fairing that looks very nice, check it out.

http://www.guzzista.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=696

Have a look at the Dart brand screens for Bonnevilles.

The screen is available separately in the case of a mishap,the brackets can usually be bent back into shape.

bb.

yeah but the buell blast is different from the cyclone also, its not as wide and the center hump is taller, looks more like a mohawk in a way, I didn't care for it but if you like the thruxton screen you might like it, the nice thing is the parts are dirt cheap and readily available just paint to suit. I'm sure whatever you do will look nice I was mostly just tired of rocks and bugs hitting my gauges be sure to post pics of whatever you do!!

yeah but the buell blast is different from the cyclone also, its not as wide and the center hump is taller, looks more like a mohawk in a way, I didn't care for it but if you like the thruxton screen you might like it, the nice thing is the parts are dirt cheap and readily available just paint to suit. I'm sure whatever you do will look nice I was mostly just tired of rocks and bugs hitting my gauges be sure to post pics of whatever you do!!

Yes, the Cyclone and Blast screens are different. But they both have the hump in the center and will fit with the stock gauge cluster on a V11. I just wanted to point out that the Lightning screen had the hump offset to one side and it does not fit the stock V11 gauge cluster. The gauge cluster on a Lightning is offset to match the screen. It is a cool look and I like it, but making it work on a V11 (offsetting the gauges to match) is a bit more work. The center hump fits the bulge in the stock set up with out modification.

What I really want is to go with is the dual headlight and fly screen setup off one of the newer Lightnings on my Daytona/cafe project. But that is pie in the sky.

What I really want is to go with is the dual headlight and fly screen setup off one of the newer Lightnings on my Daytona/cafe project. But that is pie in the sky.

A bit off topic, but I've wondered how the V11 Sport would look with a Triumph dual headlight set up. Maybe have REAL light on these things once and for all. :huh2:

A bit off topic, but I've wondered how the V11 Sport would look with a Triumph dual headlight set up. Maybe have REAL light on these things once and for all. :huh2:

I remember the 1st time I saw a dual-headlight setup on a bike [late 80s Suzuki, iirc] & thinking to myself how much better it was from the standpoint of conspicuity: there was no way that an on-coming cager could mistake the rider for another car. OTOH, I think the "bugeyed" look of the Triumph is hideous.

I've always thought a 3-lamp setup [two round upper lights aimed down for low beams, one lower lamp aimed further up the road for a high beam] would be pretty sweet, but discovered that there's a DOT rule against an odd# ( >1 ) of headlamps on a vehicle [left over from the days of the Tucker automobile & Detroit's effort to quash it no doubt! ;)]

If you haven't yet installed the Sylvania White Star super white bulb, you should try that. I find with that bulb, the lighting is really pretty good.