V11LeMans.com Continental Meeting 2010

Admin Jaap

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the videos Paul.

I see that you are experimenting with daringly avant-garde Fotoguzzi Technique in the second movie.

Looks like you had dry weather. Did Ferguzzi make it?

Jaap, I wanted to send you a message, but when I tried I saw that I had had lost your phone number (and others) when I had synched various address books after getting a new phone. :angry: The message went to your email instead.

And a warm hello from me to all of you.

Made it home in one piece going warp speed the first 600 km. Managed to get home in 7hrs and 30mins (covering nearly 900km) so life is good! And no tickets, well, definitely no parking tickets :whistle:

Thanks to all you jolly people who attended the V11 Rally in Sibbe. We had a blast (and a severe hangover Saturday morning thanks to too many beers and Jägermeisters (!!)on tap) but who cares. Pity that you couldn't make it, David, but we'll get the chance to seeing each other next year in either Sibbe or Denmark.

Feargal made it to Sibbe despite his breakdown in France. Arrived late Saturday morning in a hired French car. I was a knackered Saturday morning after a hefty night in the bar so Feargal took my Scura for a spin in the Eifel Mountains. Johannes was the lead out a man and he's a hard man on the bike! Remember last time where he made everybody look silly when he thrashed his Ballabio around the twisties. Massive respect, Johannes!

Once again thanks for yet another pleasant weekend in company with the nicest people on Earth!

Cheers

Søren

but we'll get the chance to seeing each other next year in either Sibbe or Denmark.

I hope so – are you thinking of a month already?

For me: not September.

but we'll get the chance to seeing each other next year in either Sibbe or Denmark.

We talked about having Sibbe on the schedule every year as it's right in the centre of Europe, Paul and Muriëlle are the perfect hosts, we all like Le Chaussee and then having another rally somewhere else, i.e. Scotland, Northern Ireland, Denmark and so forth.

September is in general not a good month as it collides with the pilgrimage to Mandello which a lot of V11 forum members will attend. I therefore suggest late August as a possibility. Must emphasize that this hasn't been approved by anyone but myself so I'm all ears for suggestions. In general September weather in Denmark is terrible with lots of rain and what have you, so maybe we should go for Denmark in May and Sibbe in August? Please chime in everyone.

BR

Søren

We talked about having Sibbe on the schedule every year as it's right in the centre of Europe, Paul and Muriëlle are the perfect hosts, we all like Le Chaussee and then having another rally somewhere else, i.e. Scotland, Northern Ireland, Denmark and so forth.

September is in general not a good month as it collides with the pilgrimage to Mandello which a lot of V11 forum members will attend. I therefore suggest late August as a possibility. Must emphasize that this hasn't been approved by anyone but myself so I'm all ears for suggestions. In general September weather in Denmark is terrible with lots of rain and what have you, so maybe we should go for Denmark in May and Sibbe in August? Please chime in everyone.

BR

Søren

Thanks Soren

maybe it's time for a new thread. I'm wondering about the dates as I will be meeting with some of the Guzzi folk here tomorrow night. I want to talk about is next year's calendar. People here are keen to have another Ulster meet in May, but I'd make it a priority to work around any plans for a Denmark or a different UK meet.

A trip to Italy during the summer has also been mentioned here (here being N.I., not V.11.com). If anything more comes of that, I'll post info.

While I would love to get to Sibbe to meet people on the Continent, September is always going to be very difficult as it is when things start back after the summer period: but in particular for 2011, my daughter is getting married next September.

What are the details for Mandello next September?

We got back this morning and are both completely knackered after 12 nights of binge drinking. We had a great tour, and really enjoyed meeting up at La Chaussee with friends old and new.

Too tired to think about next year but La Chaussee is a great venue for an annual meeting.

Just arrives in heathrow, the drive yesterday from sibbe to normandy was only slightly made worse by the demon hangover. I think I'll have to start a new topic just on my travels over the last 2 weeks, and its not finished yet.(Bike is still in france).

A really enjoyable meet again, it was well worth the 1800 km round trip in my gay peugeot.Truly an international affair, Jaap's prowess in language was so impresssive I was expecting some Korean or swahili to make an appearance. Respect to Soren for lending me his pride and joy. If only he knew why my clutches keep braking....

Yes to any trips next year...except I'm (hopefully) riding a norge across the states in stages next year, the first trip in May, the second in late august/september. So june/july would suit me, but whatever....

Off to Nairobi tomorrow. If I manage to catch my breath I'll do a trip story with photos.

But don't hold your breath.

Made it home in one piece going warp speed the first 600 km. Managed to get home in 7hrs and 30mins (covering nearly 900km)

holy feck

yer an animal!

I'm sorry I couldn't make it :(

maybe next year

It would be great if you could make next year, Orson. We had a blast in Sibbe so why not carry on in Denmark?

Right now I'm checking out the possibilities for a Danish V11 Rally to be held at MC Touring Camp. I've been there a couple of times and it's a great place. More to come....

Best regards

Søren