heated grips

Bogwopit

Hi all,

anyone know about fitting heated grips(factory)to a Griso?

I asked the dealer to fit some to my new bike expecting no problem as I know they are sold for Norge,1200 Sport,Cali. and Breva. Indeed the dealer at first said the 1200Sport ones would fit.They tried but found no in-built wiring and controls on the bike.They contacted the factory and were told that the 1200Sport ones would fit, but clearly they won,t, or rather they will fit but won,t be heated!

Perhaps someone has found a way to fit a set.

Any knowledge of this Mr Belfast?

Andy Roo.

Any knowledge of this Mr Belfast?

Andy Roo.

Unfortunately not. I was out today and my hands were frozen.

I think there may be an extra connector in the Norge for accessories, so perhaps it is present in the Breva and Sport as well.

I doubt that there would be a 'control'. But I don't know.

There are one or two(?) free connectors under the Griso seat. At least one supplies 12V. However these aren't for accessories, but for diagnostics.

I don't see why your dealer can't just add a connector and a fuse into the loom.

I'd need to check the wiring diagram to see what's where: but I'm sure someone else will answer with some facts.

Unfortunately not. I was out today and my hands were frozen.

I think there may be an extra connector in the Norge for accessories, so perhaps it is present in the Breva and Sport as well.

I doubt that there would be a 'control'. But I don't know.

There are one or two(?) free connectors under the Griso seat. At least one supplies 12V. However these aren't for accessories, but for diagnostics.

I don't see why your dealer can't just add a connector and a fuse into the loom.

I'd need to check the wiring diagram to see what's where: but I'm sure someone else will answer with some facts.

Many thanks Belfast,

I,ll wait and see what turns up.I've ridden for 32years without heated grips so I suppose I,ll manage for a while longer.

Andy Roo.

I fitted Oxford Sport Heaterz heated grips on my Griso a while back and its not that hard to do if you dont mind some basic wiring. They work great and were only $70 USD. The Guzzi ones were 3 times the price and as far as I could tell the Griso doesn't have the wiring from the factory for them anyway and no heat controller in the dash computer either

phone094.jpg

You will have to trim off the plastic tabs off of the throttle sleeve after you take the stock grip off. I just used a razor blade in a holder to cut them off, also save yourself a bunch of hassle and use the razor blade to cut the throttle grip off because it doesn't slide off.

I also put in a power distribution block hooked up to a relay to turn everything off when then the key turns off. Even though the Oxford grips will turn off on their own after the voltage drops below a certain point I would highly recommend using at least a turn off relay since that turn off voltage is lower than what the Griso will start at.

Here's the page that explains how to make a power block on the cheap-DIY powerblock

Or you can buy a really nice off the shelf one at fuzeblocks.com

A pic of my wiring

phone096.jpg

The other wiring on the block is for a heated clothing controller and TPMS display

I also would recommend using a 2 part high temp epoxy to put the grips on and not the superglue that comes with the kit because the superglue only gives you one quick chance to put them on in the right position.

I fitted Oxford Sport Heaterz heated grips on my Griso a while back and its not that hard to do if you dont mind some basic wiring. They work great and were only $70 USD. The Guzzi ones were 3 times the price and as far as I could tell the Griso doesn't have the wiring from the factory for them anyway and no heat controller in the dash computer either

phone094.jpg

You will have to trim off the plastic tabs off of the throttle sleeve after you take the stock grip off. I just used a razor blade in a holder to cut them off, also save yourself a bunch of hassle and use the razor blade to cut the throttle grip off because it doesn't slide off.

I also put in a power distribution block hooked up to a relay to turn everything off when then the key turns off. Even though the Oxford grips will turn off on their own after the voltage drops below a certain point I would highly recommend using at least a turn off relay since that turn off voltage is lower than what the Griso will start at.

Here's the page that explains how to make a power block on the cheap-DIY powerblock

Or you can buy a really nice off the shelf one at fuzeblocks.com

A pic of my wiring

phone096.jpg

The other wiring on the block is for a heated clothing controller and TPMS display

I also would recommend using a 2 part high temp epoxy to put the grips on and not the superglue that comes with the kit because the superglue only gives you one quick chance to put them on in the right position.

Many Thanks for the info. Willy.

The dealer did say that there was no controller fitted in the dash even tho, the factory disagreed.It seems they are right.

Andy.

Many Thanks for the info. Willy.

The dealer did say that there was no controller fitted in the dash even tho, the factory disagreed.It seems they are right.

Andy.

No controller in dash, no fittings in loom.

If using the Oxfords it is worth fitting them in a switched circuit as leaving them on by mistake will drain the battery to the point where the ECU recognises insufficient voltage and the bike won't start. They you're stuck!

Pete