ULSTER 2 – Sheep Island View

belfastguzzi

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/weather/maps/city?PLZ=_____&PLZN=_____&LANG=en&CEL=C&SI=mph&CONT=ukuk&LAND=UK&REGION=0002&WMO=03534&LEVEL=51&R=0&NOREGION=1

this site seems to be optimistic like me :sun:

detail: precipitation (mm) 0 ZERO!!!

Where do I have to sign?

All rain has been cancelled for the end of May. There will only be sunshine. If you want rain, you will have to bring your own.

:whistle:

All rain has been cancelled for the end of May. There will only be sunshine. If you want rain, you will have to bring your own.

Nothing wrong with rain. 5 million irish people can't be wrong. Anyway, it's good for you, puts hairs on your chest.

Just watched the nw200. Are we allowed to go that fast?

10 days to go......

Just watched the nw200. Are we allowed to go that fast?

If we can get the Guzzis to go that fast then I think it should be ok :thumbsup:

Leaving all our rain here in Manchester this year, and crossing my fingers for a nice week next week as me and Lou are off to Scotland for a tour before heading over.

Guzzi now back in one piece. Having been treated to new fork internals and a new rear shock from Maxtons.

27855_417254911868_548861868_539094.jpg

27855_417606871868_548861868_540069.jpg

Hi Guys & Gal

can you please confirm that you are staying these nights and say when you expect to arrive?

Any unconfirmed people who can now confirm?

I'll note which ones I am 100% or 99.9% sure of, because they have recently posted

What do you need to bring? Towels and toiletries. Bedding is provided. And you'd be best to bring a motorbike.

Confirmed

• David Boyd - confirmed ok - 28, 29, 30 - Northern Ireland
  • Jaap Veldhorst - confirmed ok - 28, 29, 30 - Netherlands -- arrive from Dublin, back Wednesday Newcastle ferry
  • Antonio Carroccio - confirmed ok - 28, 29 - Netherlands -- arrive from Dublin
  • Jens Andersen - confirmed ok - 28, 29 - Netherlands -- arrive from Dublin
  • Trevor Smith - confirmed ok - 28, 29, 30 - England
  • Louise Taylor - confirmed ok - 28, 29, 30 - England
  • Fergal Grimes - confirmed ok - 28, 29, 30 - Ireland
  • Christ Spoorenberg - confirmed ok - 29, 30 - Sligo, Ireland
  • Andy Roo - confirmed ok - 28, 29, 30 - Shropshire, England
  • Gary Rose - 28, 29, 30 - Scotland -- ?Troon to Larne, arrive 12.05; back Monday 17.30?
  • Harry Boyle - 28, 29, 30 - Scotland -- ?Troon to Larne, arrive 12.05; back Monday 17.30?
  • Bob Berwick - 27, 28, 29, 30 - England -– Cairnryan to Larne 13.30 hrs on Thursday 27th May returning on Tues 01 June @ 16.30 hrs from Larne
  • John Kitney - 28, 29, 30 - Ireland/Scotland
  • Gerry Duffet - 28, 29, 30 and possibly 31 - England
  • Steve Waller & 2 familly - 28, 29, 30 - Northern Ireland
  • James - 28, 29, 30 - Ayrshire, Scotland -- Troon to Larne, arrive 12.05; back Monday 17.30
  • Somersetlemon - 28, 29 - England -- Fishguard to Rosslare on the Thursday, stop south of Dublin Thurs pm, then up for Fri and Sat nights, then Sun night in Stranraer area

Hoping to attend, for at least a day

• Jackie Morgan
  • Davy Russell - Friday daytime - Co, Down, Northern Ireland
  • Marty Hanse - Co, Down, Northern Ireland
  • Dave Graham - Co, Down, Northern Ireland
  • James Hanna - Saturday evening – Co, Down, Northern Ireland

Unconfirmed

• Steve Adams - England
  • Somersetlemon - England
  • Euan MacGuzzi - Edinburgh, Scotland

•Gary Rose - 28, 29, 30 - Scotland -Troon to Larne, arrive 12.05; back Monday 17.30 :thumbsup:

•Harry Boyle - 28, 29, 30 - Scotland - Troon to Larne, arrive 12.05; back Monday 17.30 :thumbsup:

You only need to bring towels, toiletries, some :2c: and a :race:

Bedding is provided.

What do you need to bring?

A motorbike.

Bedding is provided.

Bring towels and toiletries; and some food for breakfast and snacks (or buy it locally) as the hostel is self-catering.

It could be an idea to bring some € Euros for a trip across the border to Donegal.

Saturday may be short rides around some of the North Coast attractions and sights

– Giant's Causeway, Carrick a Rede ropeway, Torr Head, Bushmills Distillery (will need to book), Downhill

– The Portrush Raft Race will be on, so it would be sensible to avoid that popular seaside resort.

Sunday: a longer ride to Donegal, taking the Magilligan - Greencastle ferry to Inishowen

– 15 min £5/€7.50 single (£7.50 return) -

to the spectacular Malin headland: Ireland's most northerly point.

There is also a seasonal Buncrana - Rathmullan ferry that could extend the westerly scope of the run, but I don't think that it starts until mid-June.