v11 sport shock replacement

scre103

Planning on ordering a penske rear shock model 8983, looks similar to the oem white power setup, how long is the hose? I guess i could run a strig along the hose but thought someone might come up with the exact length. thnx

Planning on ordering a penske rear shock model 8983, looks similar to the oem white power setup, how long is the hose? I guess i could run a strig along the hose but thought someone might come up with the exact length. thnx

I just replaced my stock Sachs unit with a Penske unit and they seemed to already know the length of the hose, diameter and width of mounting points, diameter of the remote reservoir, etc. The only difference was the angle at which the hose entered the remote reservoir and I'm not sure how much control they have over that.

Hope that helps...

• 2 weeks later...

The Penske reservoir does not use the stock holder. It comes with rubber blocks to mount it to the starter. Orienting the hose is a little tricky but doable. They cut it to the perfect length without me specifying.

I did have trouble getting the right size bushing spacers from them, but they were great at FedExing the correct ones, but mine was custom ordered to be as close to Ohlins dimensions as possible, so they used different parts which may have triggered the wrong size bushings getting delivered.

There support is excellent, so if there is a problem with the length or anything, they will be there for you. I felt treated like a pro racer in race season!!!