How to turn your V11 into a G&B Sport Monza

Admin Jaap

As you may know I recently ordered the G&B Sport Monza kit. When I first saw the it on the net I really liked it. A classic lump in a modern jacket. In this thread you will be able to follow the continuing story of the Moneypit.

My V11 as it was this morning:

gallery_757_87_27664.jpg

This it how it looked after a few hours of stripping:

gallery_757_87_49960.jpg

Not much to show yet, I know, but hopefully I will able to show some interesting stuff soon.

Is that your garage - workshop!? (In the gallery pics)

Wow. It's fantastic!

Bike looks well too.

Its interesting how you go about the disassembly of your bike.I usually want to get the exhaust off & out of the way first, followed by the pod filters and gas tank. I've heard that you have to be really careful with those Ti pipes because the dent very easily.

In any case this will be a very entertaining thread as I like to watch and learn.

Please post lots of pics with regard to the placement of the battery and fusebox/relays. I really want to see how all that stuff gets tucked out of sight making the package look good.

It's my brother's workshop. He practically lives there... it's about 150 m2

Looking at all the luggage you had packed on the V11 this morning, it seems as you have moved there as well now ^^

Hubert

:grin:

Luhbo, that's a picture from 2008 just before I left for the Eifeltreffen, but the bike hadn't changed since the and it was my only decent picture.

Btw, my brother's garage is not a bad place. Big woodstove, lounge seats, tv, radio, etc. Looks like I'm going to spend a few hours there in the next few months. :thumbsup:

Done a bit more work today. Bike is stripped as far as necessary (I think). Wheels are ready for powder coating. I have decided on a color scheme, but I'll keep it a surprise :rolleyes:

gallery_757_87_48819.jpg

gallery_757_87_37535.jpg

gallery_757_87_16415.jpg

I have also taken the cardan housing off. Looking for a guy who can mill the edge off. (As seen on Paul's Daytona:)

v12_11.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Looks stunning- much better without the Quat D pipe- nice colour too.

You really think I would choose such an obvious paint scheme? I think it's ugly. I like the green/red but not on the Sport Monza.

I received these pics from Brian Saturno yesterday, afte I told him I was looking for an underseat exhaust option. Don't know whose bike it is.

You really think I would choose such an obvious paint scheme? I think it's ugly. I like the green/red but not on the Sport Monza.

I received these pics from Brian Saturno yesterday, afte I told him I was looking for an underseat exhaust option. Don't know whose bike it is.

Yeah I didnt think you were going to put your stack rims back on either. That was what jumped right out at me. I do like the exhaust though.