How to turn your V11 into a G&B Sport Monza

Admin Jaap

After some consideration, I'm sticking with my Guzzi Ti pipes. I have ordered the speedo. Also quite expensive, but the OEM dash just doesn't go with the modern looks of the kit! And it's so cool to have a lap timer. (where's the poser smilie?) I haven't installed the clipons yet, but from what I can see, they have to be mounted under the triple tee. Don't think risers will work. Oh, what maybe important to you: Forget long distances! The tank is very small. I guestimate about 7 to 8 liters...

Yes that is pretty small gas tank. I am also curious why did you take off the drive shaft. It looks like a straight bolt on of rear subframe, front/instrument cluster subframe and then putting plastic and the headlight. Also curious about your rims. Did you get these with the kit as well?

I agree on the speedometer. It definitely will upgrade/modernize the look of the bike and will be a perfect fit cosmetically. Does this speedo uses OEM sensors or do you have to do it from the scratch?

Thank you for your answers

The wheels are only mounted to move the bike on the bike lift. I have to take them off again to mount the rotors. The bevel box is off because I want to modify it (the big flange (?) is coming off). The rims are G&B and are from a Furia. I already bought them 5 or 6 years ago, so they're not included in the kit. The speedo is electrical (pick up on the front disc) and the rev counter works like OEM I think.

If you have more questions, ask away!

The kit's build quality is definetly top notch. All fasteners are included and labeled (handy!)

You really think I would choose such an obvious paint scheme? I think it's ugly. I like the green/red but not on the Sport Monza.

I received these pics from Brian Saturno yesterday, afte I told him I was looking for an underseat exhaust option. Don't know whose bike it is.

You're right, the green is not for that bike. That under seat exhaust looks good but I'll bet it would bake your thighs in the summer.

So you're going to keep us guessing on color. The titanium colored wheels and pork chops look good and are a clue. Hmm, they would go with a quite a few combinations. Maybe he's leaning toward the original black/gold idea.

When I was celebrating the queen's birthday (and recovering from it...) my brother did a lot of work on the bike's electrics. Rerouting the cables, mounting the fairing frame with headlights, cleaning the engine and lots more! It was quite a surprise when I visited yesterday to watch the MotoGP. :thumbsup:

gallery_757_87_100795.jpg

gallery_757_87_49190.jpg

gallery_757_87_47223.jpg

Fitting is not exact, but easy to fix

gallery_757_87_26190.jpg

gallery_757_87_47659.jpg

Great dash with lap timer!

A lot of work done:

gallery_757_87_8884.jpg

Horns are placed so that they are not in sight

gallery_757_87_21877.jpg

Removed coating from rear brake mount and added some holes to make it look less heavy.

gallery_757_87_4253.jpg

Battery, fuse box and relais fit nicely in the subframe

gallery_757_87_84951.jpg

Looks great even w/o the bodywork!

gallery_757_87_50936.jpg

Yeah it works!

gallery_757_87_20912.jpg

Lap times and lots of other info can be downloaded to a PC

gallery_757_87_13415.jpg

gallery_757_87_71156.jpg

Wiring loom is tucked away nicely under the spine

If you dont mind me asking Jaap, how much is the instrument unit?

The speedo on my V11 is bust and I am wondering how much the G & B unit is in comparison.

Cheers

Guy

P.S. Reckon she will be ready for Sibbe?