How to turn your V11 into a G&B Sport Monza

Admin Jaap

Plan is to participate in the Guzzitrackday (Mettet) on July 5th. If it's ready, it will have it's first outing at Boxmeer (June 19th)

Check www.aviacompositi.it for prices on the EVO2 unit. Be afraid...

If you're interested: I have two working white faced gauges for sale. (Speedo is however in kms)

Plan is to participate in the Guzzitrackday (Mettet) on July 5th.

Check www.aviacompositi.it for prices on the EVO2 unit. Be afraid...

If you're interested: I have two working white faced gauges for sale. (Speedo is however in kms)

I am interested.

how much? It doesn't matter if the speedo is in Km or Mph I have my own understanding of speed limit.....

Patience grasshoppers... :rolleyes:

Next week I have to finish all my normal work and get the G&B ready for paint. Then I'm off for vacation and the Ulster meet with Antonio and Jens.

When I get back I will make a list of all parts I have for sale. (Quite a long list!) and put it in the Classifieds.

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update:

Bike is almost ready!

As far as I could see yesterday, the only things that have to be done are new brake lines, exhaust (thinking about the Stucchi Breva 2-in-1 X-over and Mistral exhaust) and the license plate stuff. At the same I'll have the paintwork done and then she's ready for the road/track!

Can't wait!

Apart from the fact that my wallet is much lighter, I think there will be plenty of kilos gone off the bike. I will weigh it when it's ready. It sure looks an afwul lot lighter!

And on top of the lightened look comes the PHP-factor which ticks in with the increased sound of the freeflow exhausts.

Perceived Horsed Power is a mighty force; guess youre already on the high side of 110 now? harrharrharr.... :-)

Joke aside, I love the project and looking forward to see the paintscheme. As Lux Interior (RIP) of The Cramps said "Youve got goood taste".

What a great use of space! All the electrical stuff in the rear:

gallery_757_87_76096.jpg

The hugger mount was a bit flimsy, so my brother made something nice:

gallery_757_87_65830.jpg

Rear lights and indicators in one connector so that I can take license plate and the other stuff off with only two bolts:

gallery_757_87_37642.jpg

The Rossopuro triple-tee looks great! The brake and clutch oil reservoirs are mounted on the triple-tee with the original brackets slightly altered. Placed on the usual spot thy wouldn't clear the fairing.

gallery_757_87_25542.jpg

Front fairing frame had to be altered slightly and head light mount had to be repositioned with 2 brackets to have the fairing line up nicely with the tank

gallery_757_87_87821.jpg

gallery_757_87_14061.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Quick follow up:

Yesterday we installed the new front brake lines.

Today we are starting with the buiding of the exhaust. It's going to be a two stage design with a box type collector under the gearbox. This contains perforated sheet metal for creating back pressure. Out of this box comes a 54 mm to +/- 120 mm megaphone type muffler with a perforated pipe and stainless steel wool interior. Of course the muffler ends with a reverse cone made from billet on a lathe.

My brother consulted a gas flow technician and he said that this could work very well. We use 0,7 mm. ss sheet material for the box and the muffler. It seems that a lot of exhaust dB's originate from resonating sheet material.

Adding a db-killer is also going to be possible.

And coming friday I can pick up the paintwork! :pic: :pic: :pic:

The rest of the bike is ready and runs. (that's important too)

Just a quick question: We came up with this solution for fastening tha battery. Because it's a gel battery, this should work. What do you think?

accu.jpg

Quick follow up:

Yesterday we installed the new front brake lines.

Today we are starting with the buiding of the exhaust. It's going to be a two stage design with a box type collector under the gearbox. This contains perforated sheet metal for creating back pressure. Out of this box comes a 54 mm to +/- 120 mm megaphone type muffler with a perforated pipe and stainless steel wool interior. Of course the muffler ends with a reverse cone made from billet on a lathe.

My brother consulted a gas flow technician and he said that this could work very well. We use 0,7 mm. ss sheet material for the box and the muffler. It seems that a lot of exhaust dB's originate from resonating sheet material.

Adding a db-killer is also going to be possible.

And coming friday I can pick up the paintwork! pic.gifpic.gifpic.gif

The rest of the bike is ready and runs. (that's important too)

Just a quick question: We came up with this solution for fastening tha battery. Because it's a gel battery, this should work. What do you think?

Make sure you use stainless steel for corrosion.

p.s. let someone else do the drilling, mounting and first start-up.

The G&B was started for the first time this morning! The custom box exhaust dampens very nicely.

Paint is not ready yet... Will be done after the Guzzi track day on July 5th.

gallery_757_87_67672.jpg

gallery_757_87_25591.jpg

The stainless steel box exhaust: inlet tubes from a Stucchi x-over. Box design and welding by my brother. Really big outlet pipe (60 mm.)

gallery_757_87_71542.jpg