JohninNH - xover & pipes

wildbill

JohnInNH, was that your champagne with the mistrals and x-over I saw in a certain CT shop over the weekend? Sweet looking setup, do tell how it sounds... did you remap? how's the midrange on that puppy now? any improvement on the ever-present pinging?? I'm jealous! Me thinks I spy an xmas present suggestion for my wife!!! <_ src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_tongue.png" alt=":P"> WB

Guest JohnInNH

WB,

Yep that's mine.... I have not seen it yet, but have heard from 2 people it looks good, and sounds nice too. I may be able to pick it up later today (08/17/02) I have been away for 2 weeks, and have been dying to ride it.

I have a PC III which is sitting on my desk and I will put it on when I get the bike back. I plan on taking it to Manchester NH to have a custom map made. I can not comment on how any of the changes to the bike work yet.

John at Marsh likes the way the pipes sound, and told Al he may put a set on his bike.

I just got off the phone with John, and hs is road testing it now... I will call back in a couple of hours and see if I can get it later. Then I will install the PC III and load a close map until I have it custom mapped.

More later.

Guest JohnInNH

I picked up the Le Mans, and have taken it out for a test run with the x-pipe and slip-ons. It sounds nice, and seems to pull smoother in the lower and mid range. Not having the mixture correct now makes me hesitate to ride it a lot.

I installed the PC-III with the M706-001 map which came installed on the PC-III. The zero map would be better as it is to lean with . The 2500 RPM area is WAY to lean. Since you can not load maps w/o the PC installed on the bike It is impossible for me to load the M06-003 map as I do not have a laptop or a PC in the garage. The Bike will not make it up my front steps into the living room either. So I will disconnect the PC-III till I get a way to load maps. The stock map is better than one which came with the PC-III because of my pipes and x-pipe.

I will order a Palm adapter, and see if I can borrow a laptop in the mean time. I have been putting off buying one, I may bite the bullet and get one.

It's a shame the PC can not talk to the PC-III off the bike. It's a lot easier to take the PC-III to the PC than the PC to the PC-III on the bike.

I hope I can get a map made shortly. Seems a lot of Dynojet locations are "Harley Only" :finger: Sure makes it inconvenient for a lot of Power Commander owners.

Update: I Ordered the Palm adapter and also a devise which lets you update the PC-III while it is not on the Bike, a Remote Power Adapter for $10 and a you supply the needed 9 volt battery. Slick... Just what I needed! Now the wait.

Guest Guest_WildBill

John, I was intrigued by the bar end weights you have there. Where did you get those? Do they help with that annoying high-frequency vibration? An hour or so in the saddle and my hands are ready for bed... I think I'm gonna put on some Gel Grips but i'm wondering if the stock bar end weights could be improved as well... :D

Guest JohnInNH

Bill,

The bar end weights are in-fact the Throttlemeister throttle lock/friction units. They make two sizes .. Mine are the heavy ones. Look for the "thread" here as there is a lot of info here already.

Vibration? What vibration? :unsure: I must be missing something. I felt that the Le Mans had only a slight vibration compared to my HD and British twin BZZZZZZZZZZZZ

The Throttlemeister units did smooth what little was coming through, but I still feel the motor. It IS a motorcycle :rolleyes: