Fuel hose size

Greybeard

I searched,all I found was a lot of arguments and unrelated stuff.

What is the ID of the fuel line from tank to pump please?

1/2"?

obviously you didn't argue hard enough or maybe you need to better relate dude lol Just kidding for pete's sake!

more than what you need to know is in this thread:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1097&hl=

short answer 12mm

obviously you didn't argue hard enough or maybe you need to better relate dude lol Just kidding for pete's sake!

more than what you need to know is in this thread:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1097&hl=

short answer 12mm

Thank you!

I'm mostly non-confrontational so the arguments just float by! Too old for that silliness.

Yes I sussed out the size once I got back home to the bike.

Now all I need to know is where to find the damn hose!

I ordered some -8 from Summit Racing and either they sent the wrong size or -8 is NOT 1/2".

The -8 they sent measures closer to 3/8".

Anyone have a source of actual 12mm hose?

12 mm is not much different from 1/2". 1/2" is 12.7 mm.

What do you want to do? 1/2" fuel line is available from good auto parts supply stores.

12 mm is not much different from 1/2". 1/2" is 12.7 mm.

What do you want to do? 1/2" fuel line is available from good auto parts supply stores.

Replacing the braided line from the tank to the pump.

Mine's a bit tatty.

Use that blue, clear urethane stuff, perhaps? It seems to work well on most of my bikes and is forgiving in terms of size.

I've bought it at various motorcycle shops....if you are looking for one specifically, call Neds Auto and Cycle in Riverside, IA. Jim has always known exactly the size of whatever goofball stuff I've asked of him.

Replacing the braided line from the tank to the pump.

Mine's a bit tatty.

If it is like mine, it is a braided wire shielding.I don't knowwhere (Guzzi probably) to purchase it. Is there a dealer near you?

If it is like mine, it is a braided wire shielding.I don't knowwhere (Guzzi probably) to purchase it. Is there a dealer near you?

Heh! Is there a dealer near anyone these days?

Yes there's one left in CT but I might as well just get 1/2" black fuel hose & be done with it.

Heh! Is there a dealer near anyone these days?

Yes there's one left in CT but I might as well just get 1/2" black fuel hose & be done with it.

I use Goodyear R9 fuel injection hose. It is rated for higher pressures and is safe with ethanol and others things you find in modern fuels (it actually has an inner liner).

You can get it off of fleabay for $4.60/ft.

• 3 years later...

i'm replacing the fuel lines (and filter, petcock etc, etc.) on the '02 LM, was able to source the 5/16 FI line & FI clamps, but no luck on the petcock-to- pump 12mm FI line. this line is not under hi pressure, so i purchased tough regular 1/2" fuel vapor line, but no steel braid around it.

any thoughts on this? i know i've read something here about this recently, but can't find it.

thanks, steve

I shielded mine with a zinc plated/ braided copper tubing that I believe I sourced at the auto parts. It's probably 5/8" diameter and slides over the 1/2 fuel line. The same material (usually smaller) is used to make up grounding straps.

Also, I shortened my line to get it away from the cylinder finning and used zip-ties and braided plastic (likely polypropylene) shielding to seal the ends of the braided metal cover.

In the photo, you can also see a couple zip-tie heads positioned to hold the line off the throttle cable guide and keep it from slipping onto the cable itself.

DSCN1112.JPG

thanks docc, think i'll try couple speed shops for this, may end up using what i bought, it's not on the hi pressure side of the pump, & it's pretty tough looking stuff,but no shielding.

the big breather hose was kinda fun to replace, but the throttle body sleeves were pretty easy once they were lubed up.

with the tank & aircleaner box off, guess i might as well put in the shift pawl spring spring that i've got in the spare parts box it's pretty easy to get to now, & it's probably due.

so it goes...thanks 

Check these guys out, they have pretty much everything:

http://www.anplumbing.com/

I am going to use them to make a new clutch hose, and I think I will also replace my fuel lines too, with quick disconnect couplings to make things easier.