Wheel bearing size

ALdad

While I am replacing my rotors I think I will do the bearings. The search does not work so well for me. Any body have the size for the front bearings. I mean the # I can take to my local bearing house?

Front, right - 6304EEJ30

Front, left - -6205EEC3(J30)

Yes, the bearings are different side to side. My originals were French and the replacements "Made in Turkey."

I'm not sure that's particularly satisfying, although I do own a very nicely made Turkish double barrel if it's any indication.

Front, right - 6304EEJ30

Front, left - -6205EEC3(J30)

Yes, the bearings are different side to side. My originals were French and the replacements "Made in Turkey."

I'm not sure that's particularly satisfying, although I do own a very nicely made Turkish double barrel if it's any indication.

Thanx. Why not both C3?

Aw, man, now someone here (like : gstallons) is gonna tell us what all those numbers mean. I read the right off the invoice and the left off the box.:unsure:

So what does it all mean?

And do you you really want to pound out some otherwise still good bearings??

"Ain't broke . . .":oldgit:

Aw, man, now someone here (like : gstallons) is gonna tell us what all those numbers mean. I read the right off the invoice and the left off the box.:unsure:

I don't know what the F-- all the #s mean either. I only know That C3 refers to the spacing of the balls affecting friction,heat build up and the life of the bearing. and I only know this from a disscussion on this site when I replaced my rear. I can't find the thread cuz I can't figure out how to get the search to work for me. But your right if they are still smooth I ain't changing them. Cheer!!

Check the spacer surface that the left bearing rides on, mine was worn enough to initiate the first stages of bearing failure. Had to have it built up and turned it down for a firm fit.

Aw, man, now someone here (like : gstallons) is gonna tell us what all those numbers mean. I read the right off the invoice and the left off the box.unsure.gif

"Ain't broke . . ."oldgit.gif

Somewhere in my clutter, I own a BCA Bearing Specification catalog. When I find it I will post my findings.

p.s. thank you docc for the ?

Somewhere in my clutter, I own a BCA Bearing Specification catalog. When I find it I will post my findings.

p.s. thank you docc for the ?

"confidence!":thumbsup:

From my website:

front bearings

as accurately as we have discerned, the combination of a 6304 and 6205 appears on bikes with a solid axle.

Bikes with a hollow axle have a pair of 6205 bearings.

6304 is 20 x 52 x 15 mm 92 20 52 27 which may cross ref 92 20 14 20 from older Guzzi.

6205 is 25 x 52 x 15 mm 92 20 18 21

http://webspace.webring.com/people/ur/rcdlaing/

Here is a link that will help interpret bearing part #s, prefix and suffix characters.

Keep in mind that these explanations might not be the same for ALL bearing manufacturers.

http://www.tec.nsk.com/Handbook.asp?menu=5,0,0,0&PageID=/BasicDimensionsAndPartNumbering/BearingNumbers1.html

Hi

for the record

front bearings 6304 6205

rear bearings 6204 2 off

All are 2RS1 C3

2RS refers to 2 rubber seals covering the race either side, C3 is angular clearnce, ie the sloppiness of the bearings. This is more important than you think. A very tight C1 bearing will not tolerate any spindle deflection under riding lodas without destroying the bearings, a c3 will. Norton Commando main bearings were C3r sloppier because the crankshaft used to flex so much on the 850 versions....

Personally, if the nearings turn smoothly, don't change them, no pont. ANY roughness, change them. While you're at it measure the distance betweem the bearing recesses in the whell and compare it to the wheel specers. A pound to a pinch of shit that the spacer is undersize, although in your case probably not as they've lastedso long. On my 3rd set of wheel bearings in 47000 miles, really gotta start sorting out the spacers,,,,,,,

Cheers

Guzz