oil cooler on Griso

Bogwopit

Morning all.

This questions for you Mr Belfast.

I want to remove the oil cooler on my 8v and replace it with a more conventional design in a more conventional position allied with a different set of exhaust pipes.How you seen this type of mod before or can you see more than the usual no. of pitfalls?

I,m presuming that the usual oil cooler outputs in the block are merely blanked off.

Looking forward to meeting at Sheep Island.

Andy Roo

Andy, the 8v has a complete different layout. It has a double pump, one part is for the bearings, one part is for the heads. The oil cooler is in the circuit for the heads. So the connection for the cooler, is on the right side of the engine, ans the oil from the cooler goes to the heads. Look at the picture. MAybe the oil lines from the stelvio are good for relocation, look at a stelvio next to yours. You can use your cooler I think.

grisooil.JPG

Thank you Paul.

I spent a couple of hours this morning at my local Guzzi dealer, with the Service manager, and between cups of coffee, numerous horror stories of Guzzi and Aprilia mechanical failures, we spent time comparing Griso and 1200 Sport 8v's and decided thebest option was to use the 1200 Sport oil cooler.Good to get your input though.

Would you have any knowledge of the fitment of wire wheels to the Griso? Obviously the use of SE wheels would appear the first choice however I think the price will be prohibitive.I've looked at CaLI. wheels but apart from whether the rear wheel will fit with a carc drive i know the front wheel is the wrong size anyway.

I don't know of any 17inch twin disc front Guzzi wheels.

Andy Roo.

Todd at GuzziTech in the USA had some hubs made up for the Griso. I don't know the details as it is more money then I can justify but once you have the hubs it is just a matter of deciding what size rims and lacing them up.

Todd at GuzziTech in the USA had some hubs made up for the Griso. I don't know the details as it is more money then I can justify but once you have the hubs it is just a matter of deciding what size rims and lacing them up.

Thanks G.M.

I'am considering using Bellagio wheels as the rear is designed for the carc unit, it just means getting the front re-spoked with a 17"rim. My local dealer has a rear Bellagio wheel that was replaced under warranty(less than 8 months old and with peeling chrome!real Italian quality product)

and I can have it F.O.C. It just means I'll have to get a front wheel/hub. Like trying to find the holy grail secondhand.

By the way, can anyone tell me why it is that Guzzi quality is crap,factory aftersales support is zero,spares supply is erratic at best,yet we remain loyal and love the products?

Perhaps it,s some kind of genetic disorder we all have.

• 1 year later...

Morning all.

I want to remove the oil cooler on my 8v and replace it with a more conventional design in a more conventional position allied with a different set of exhaust pipes.How you seen this type of mod before or can you see more than the usual no. of pitfalls?

I,m presuming that the usual oil cooler outputs in the block are merely blanked off.

Andy Roo

I must have missed this post.

Did you do the relocation, Andy?

Morning all.

Andy Roo

I must have missed this post.

Did you do the relocation, Andy?

I certainly did,Dave, relocated the Griso to the dealers in exchange for a 1200sport8v.

Andy

Ah, yeah. I think that I knew that

but forgot.

:oldgit:

So, how are you getting on with that Griso anyway?

:rolleyes: