Simple Wiring Schematic

Kiwi_Roy

Roy,

Will you be posting a 'final' revision?

Docc

The latest rev is attached to my first post in the thread

Guzzi Wiring & Guzzi Wiring layout April 24 2010

No, if you see anything wrong or some way to improve please let me know.

I still need to do one of the lighting and a detail of thr ECU wiring

I would also like to add the wire colours but as text not screen colour.

Docc

The latest rev is attached to my first post in the thread

Guzzi Wiring & Guzzi Wiring layout April 24 2010

No, if you see anything wrong or some way to improve please let me know.

I still need to do one of the lighting and a detail of thr ECU wiring

I would also like to add the wire colours but as text not screen colour.

OK, I see it here: Simple Wiring Schematic

Thanks for helping keep the smoke in the wires!

Hey, Roy, check those pdf links on post #1.

It looks like Guzzi_Wiring April 24 2010.pdf is the last revision of the test point layout with "Note 14" on the ECU.

But Guzzi Wiring Layout April 24 2010.pdf brings up a prior test point layout, and not the "Simplified Wiring Diagram."

:huh2:

Edited by Admin Jaap
download-links are dead

Hey, Roy, check those pdf links on post #1.

But Guzzi Wiring Layout April 24 2010.pdf brings up a prior test point layout, and not the "Simplified Wiring Diagram."

:huh2:

OK Docc, all fixed "I hope"

The latest files are right at the top of page 1

Thanks for picking that up

Edited by Admin Jaap
download-link in quote is dead

Roy,

Couple questions:

I cleaned my ignition switch (45 minutes) after getting a test reading off 600 Ohms. After, the resistance is 589 Ohms. Should I expect 5 Ohms or a variation of no more than five Ohms switching off and on over a series of trials?

If the Test Point Layout is drawn as if we are looking down at the relay bases with the relay removed, my Test Point "k" goes to ground. Am I looking at the diagram wrongly?

Thanks for the feedback!

I cleaned my ignition switch (45 minutes) after getting a test reading off 600 Ohms. After, the resistance is 589 Ohms. Should I expect 5 Ohms or a variation of no more than five Ohms switching off and on over a series of trials?

Did you take the measure on the harness connector from the ignition switch or could you have a bad connection somewhere outside the switch?

Oh, and you didn't have everything connected, including battery, did you? At least remove fuse 4, otherwise the bike battery will confuse the reading.

Did you take the measure on the harness connector from the ignition switch or could you have a bad connection somewhere outside the switch?

Oh, and you didn't have everything connected, including battery, did you? At least remove fuse 4, otherwise the bike battery will confuse the reading.

I remeasured with the Sidestand Relay removed and Fuse 4 removed: 15 Ohms switch off/ 1.2 Ohms switch on. Amazing the difference with no current in the system. I suppose the procedure should be noted.

I remeasured with the Sidestand Relay removed and Fuse 4 removed: 15 Ohms switch off/ 1.2 Ohms switch on. Amazing the difference with no current in the system. I suppose the procedure should be noted.

I assume you measure from the "L" side of F6 to TB-b. 1.2 ohms sounds OK but with switch off you should have several megaohms or rather no connectivety at all. Try removing F6 and F7 as well.

I assume you measure from the "L" side of F6 to TB-b. 1.2 ohms sounds OK but with switch off you should have several megaohms or rather no connectivety at all. Try removing F6 and F7 as well.

Removing Fuse 4, Fuse 6, and the Sidestand relay, the test measures 1.3 Ohms Ignition on and 155,000 Ohms off.

I think my Guzzichondria is cured.:notworthy:

. . . for now . . .:sun:

Removing Fuse 4, Fuse 6, and the Sidestand relay, the test measures 1.3 Ohms Ignition on and 155,000 Ohms off.

155K seems low for open switch but not low enough to cause you any problem.

(I don't have the drawing with me)

There might be some moisture in somewhere or were you touching the circuit so that your body was passing.

If you suspect moisture it will often show up as a different ohms reading if you flip the meter probes around (battery effect)

Good Riding

Roy :bier:

155K seems low for open switch but not low enough to cause you any problem.

(I don't have the drawing with me)

There might be some moisture in somewhere or were you touching the circuit so that your body was passing.

If you suspect moisture it will often show up as a different ohms reading if you flip the meter probes around

Good Riding

Roy :bier:

It is as you say. The meter shows 156k Ohms with the leads disconnected, even unplugged from the meter. Must be internal to the meter itself.

Thanks again for all the help.

You missed the point. You don't need CA's schematics as long as you have an owners manual.

Hubert

Carl Allison's schematics have corrections and color that the owner and workshop manuals do not have.

Carl went through several revisions based on discovered errors in the OEM manual's schematics.

Roy,

What changed that was "major?"

(I keep downloading/printing and and adding to my Workshop Manual.)