dictator take over on Wildguzzi

You'll notice that I don't post very much anywhere any more. The reasons for that are manyfold but WG in particular has become a lot less pleasant than it used to be and I see several reasons for that. Firstly there is the fact that unlike ten years ago, nowadays every mono-browed idiot has a computer, They type and send without thinking. Secondly there is the fact that with the change of government in the USA a lot of the more extreme right wingers can't help but trying to 'Politicize' all threads at every opportunity. A bloke has an accident? It's an excuse to start blowin' off about health care reform! Then there is just the general attitude that is becoming more prevalent of needy whining coupled with a sense of entitlement. Stupid people who buy something without doing any research, finding they aren't happy with it, refusing to learn how to do stuff but at the same time screaming at anybody who offers advice while demanding a 'Fix' for their own idiotic decisions. Guzzitech also seems to have a large contingent of these fuquewads.

I didn't see the thread that caused Nolan to pull the pin but I understand it was fairly unpleasant. People just don't have to put up with that shit, either on the innerneck or in real life. I spent a lot of time on various boards being far more polite to shit-heads than I ever am in real life. Getting shouted at in return gets old pretty quickly and there is bugger all incentive to continue.

Pete

:blush:

quite right - keep that sort of thing on the other side of the ocean, please

Now some of us are fairly accepting of trannies, crossdressers, etc. Don't think I would want to date one, but I don't care...say, if you do. :whistle:

I check things out over there, the odd entry. To be honest, I never thought there was a problem, I guess because the heated threads were eliminated very quickly.

I don't react well to broad spectrum threats of mass discipline just because of a few bad eggs. Glad it's riding season here, much nicer than reading about other peoples mis-adventures.

Steve

Hail Jaap, our benevolent dictator.

Thanks, I think...

Jaap - have you considered a section for older Guzzis within this site?

KB :sun:

No I haven't, but it's worth a try and easy to set up. But I'll need an active moderator for this subforum!

What do you all think? Three subforums? Big-block, small-block and other models?

:blush:

quite right - keep that sort of thing on the other side of the ocean, please

Now some of us are fairly accepting of trannies, crossdressers, etc. Don't think I would want to date one, but I don't care...say, if you do. :whistle:

Moderator spat? Nay lads, get a grip! :rolleyes:

You'll notice that I don't post very much anywhere any more. The reasons for that are manyfold but WG in particular has become a lot less pleasant than it used to be and I see several reasons for that. Firstly there is the fact that unlike ten years ago, nowadays every mono-browed idiot has a computer, They type and send without thinking. Secondly there is the fact that with the change of government in the USA a lot of the more extreme right wingers can't help but trying to 'Politicize' all threads at every opportunity. A bloke has an accident? It's an excuse to start blowin' off about health care reform! Then there is just the general attitude that is becoming more prevalent of needy whining coupled with a sense of entitlement. Stupid people who buy something without doing any research, finding they aren't happy with it, refusing to learn how to do stuff but at the same time screaming at anybody who offers advice while demanding a 'Fix' for their own idiotic decisions. Guzzitech also seems to have a large contingent of these fuquewads.

I didn't see the thread that caused Nolan to pull the pin but I understand it was fairly unpleasant. People just don't have to put up with that shit, either on the innerneck or in real life. I spent a lot of time on various boards being far more polite to shit-heads than I ever am in real life. Getting shouted at in return gets old pretty quickly and there is bugger all incentive to continue.

Pete

Once again this man is right on the money, all of it. :thumbsup:

Subforums usually are counterproductive. Regardless whether you look at it under the aspect of "part of social network" things, lost information because posted in the wrong forum, or simply unnecessary internal rivalry.

Take BFG's CARC problems. In fact they were nothing else but Guzzi problems. So why not posting them under one of the standard categories?

It's the same with "Old Guzzi" topics. No other subforum please.

Hubert

No I haven't, but it's worth a try and easy to set up. But I'll need an active moderator for this subforum!

What do you all think? Three subforVums? Big-block, small-block and other models?

Well, big-blocks are naturally subdivided into loops, Tontis, spineys & the new CARC [Quota-derived, double-spine frames. I like calling'em "quotards", but it hasn't caught on. Possibly because of the consonance w/ "retards?"] models.

Small blocks are all small-blocks. More than any other Guzzi, they deserve to be called "Tontis." But they hate having to dig thru all the big block threads to find the ones w/ their obscure concerns laid out.

Those loopy Loopers really seem to hate being grouped w/ the later Tontis: reactionary old Luddites, the lot of them, down to the last crusty munter. Except for Greg, he's not above modding the snot out of'em to bring a Loop up to modern standards! ;)

The big-block Tontis encompass sporting models like the LeMons & cafe'd T3s as well as the touring/cruiser models like the Calis & Stones. They always start to bickering if you don't keep'em separated.

I say, lump'em all together under "Vintage designs," since even a 2003 Cali Special Sport was essentially designed back in the 70s [being basically just a factory-cafe'd T3] & let'em duke it out amongst themselves! :grin:

Establish ground rules that are clearly stated in the forum description: "Guzzi vintage designs. You're clearly a Luddite or you'd have upgraded to a Spine frame or CARC model by now. No grumbling, whining or preaching: you're a bunch of crusty old munters that nobody listens to anyway. Have fun."

I'd moderate it if I knew how. As the FAOATIJAT*, I'd just give every post the sniff test & delete it out of hand if I deemed it grumbly, whiney, preachy or clearly not fun. Gotta stick w/ the forum rules, after all! :thumbsup:

Ride on! :bike:

* - "Final Arbiter Of All That Is Just And True." Why me? Because I thought of it first! :)

"Jaap - have you considered a section for older Guzzis within this site?"

Had me excited there for a moment - I thought it said older Guzzistis. Probably wouldn't work anway - we would forget to log in, forget our passwords, wander aimlessly in our posts, and occasionally mess ourselves while looking at "hooters".

:D Any excuse to dress up. I'll come over to yours.

Subforums usually are counterproductive. Regardless whether you look at it under the aspect of "part of social network" things, lost information because posted in the wrong forum, or simply unnecessary internal rivalry.

Take BFG's CARC problems. In fact they were nothing else but Guzzi problems. So why not posting them under one of the standard categories?

It's the same with "Old Guzzi" topics. No other subforum please.

Hubert

I think you're right, Hubert. There are enough forum divisions. I do think that there is a good reason to have the Carc forum, as these are the current and future bikes and what many of us have purchased and others will move to. Unfortunately I have posted about problems because I have had so many and forums are the (only) places where we get help from. I have posted pics and descriptions of the good times too and would post more if there were more. The validity of the Carc Forum will depend upon people (other than me) posting stuff on it.

In the past, as far as I remember, Jaap was adamant that this is a V.11 Forum only: and it worked tremendously well as a one-model garage. The V.11 is no longer current and as we have said before, most of the problems, fixes, issues, subjects have now been covered: so activity here is just not as lively as it used to be, because of that. Now (for the past year or more) Jaap, and a lot of us, think it should move on in a slightly different or expanded or updated way.

The V.11 content should remain the vital essence of the site; and I think tht the CARC section should stay and that people should/could/will use it more in the future. I sympathise with the idea of adding 'oldie' content: but I think that we could agree to a tolerant attitude to posts within the already existing sections. Rather than adding more, there could even be a slight culling / tidying /rationalisation / combining of some of the fixtures here?

David

I'm open for suggestions!

My :2c:

- Roll the tech forum, the 24/7 V11 forum, and the Tenni forum together to create a single V11 forum. Call it THE V11 FORUM.

- Create another section for all other Guzzis including the Carcs, and allow all general motorcycle related posts there too. Call it something like OTHER GUZZIS AND GENERAL MOTORCYCLE TOPICS FORUM? Keep the trashtalk section as-is for non-moto stuff.

- Roll the FAQ and the how-to sections together and only allow posts to them that are approved by the moderator(s)so it will be a reference only forum. Questions can be asked in the other forums. Call it FAQ & HOW-TO.

- Do away with the new member introduction forum and allow new members to introduce themselves wherever they want.