dictator take over on Wildguzzi

My :2c:

- Roll the tech forum, the 24/7 V11 forum, and the Tenni forum together to create a single V11 forum. Call it THE V11 FORUM.

- Create another section for all other Guzzis including the Carcs, and allow all general motorcycle related posts there too. Call it something like OTHER GUZZIS AND GENERAL MOTORCYCLE TOPICS FORUM? Keep the trashtalk section as-is for non-moto stuff.

- Roll the FAQ and the how-to sections together and only allow posts to them that are approved by the moderator(s)so it will be a reference only forum. Questions can be asked in the other forums. Call it FAQ & HOW-TO.

- Do away with the new member introduction forum and allow new members to introduce themselves wherever they want.

Jaap will be needing a salary raise. :unsure::grin:

The current (future traditional) forums are good and useful if they are used properly. They get a bit messed-up when the wrong things are posted in the wrong place. FAQ and How To could be combined. It would need strict management by a moderator, because it's a sure thing that it will get filled up with general and repetitive tech queries.

Your suggestions are all good. A difference that I would have, is to keep the CARC (the current bikes) as a discrete section, as I think it will be active and useful in the future.

- Roll the tech forum, the 24/7 V11 forum, and the Tenni forum together to create a single V11 forum. Call it THE V11 FORUM.

- Create another section for all other Guzzis including the Carcs, and allow all general motorcycle related posts there too. Call it something like OTHER GUZZIS AND GENERAL MOTORCYCLE TOPICS FORUM? Keep the trashtalk section as-is for non-moto stuff.

- Roll the FAQ and the how-to sections together and only allow posts to them that are approved by the moderator(s)so it will be a reference only forum. Questions can be asked in the other forums. Call it FAQ & HOW-TO.

- Do away with the new member introduction forum and allow new members to introduce themselves wherever they want.

Bloody good idea, I'm with himbier.gif

Hey Jaap! If you are looking for another moderator I think I found one!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I KNOW I used to have an account over there and even posted once or twice a long ass time ago, appears they did a board pruning and it was deleted for inactivity is my guess, NOW when I go to reregister there are 3 questions "to keep out spammers" your registration request has to be approved THEN you have to send an email to lupo telling him your intent before you are really approved, I sent him an email along the lines of, "are there really that many spammers, who are you really trying to keep out?" seriously wtf is the deal over there? :huh:

• 2 months later...

Subforums usually are counterproductive. Regardless whether you look at it under the aspect of "part of social network" things, lost information because posted in the wrong forum, or simply unnecessary internal rivalry.

Take BFG's CARC problems. In fact they were nothing else but Guzzi problems. So why not posting them under one of the standard categories?

It's the same with "Old Guzzi" topics. No other subforum please.

Hubert

I'm coming in very late on this topic, but I fully agree with Hubert about subfora: They detract, rather than add.

Subforums usually are counterproductive. Regardless whether you look at it under the aspect of "part of social network" things, lost information because posted in the wrong forum, or simply unnecessary internal rivalry.

Take BFG's CARC problems. In fact they were nothing else but Guzzi problems. So why not posting them under one of the standard categories?

It's the same with "Old Guzzi" topics. No other subforum please.

Hubert

I'm coming in very late on this topic, but I fully agree with Hubert about subfora: They detract, rather than add.

I'll take the opposing view on this one. ADV Rider is one site with many sub forums, and works very well. Up to 7000 people on the forum at a time.

Steve

Yes. the categories make sense and they make it easier to find topics according to their subject matter and to follow topics. Although questions or subjects sometimes get posted in the wrong forum (usually technical questions) the defined categories make it more likely that an answer will be given, sometime, to a question/problem and that an ongoing or mysterious problem will be worked at and returned to from time to time.

I think it's fine how it is now.

... so with this at least we're back to the topic ;)

Hubert

what: you mean that the dictator has spoken

- so it's fine now

:grin:

Yes. Looking at his avatar I wish my other daily chief whips had at least a bit of him :grin:

Folks blew up one of our older forums here because some bloke felt it was time to press in some football-"democracy" (11:10 - 11 won). They all immediately went nuts. As a result some even got the frantic urge to delete each single post they had done over the years :wacko:

Hubert