How to ride the V11

Jamie

Was wondering where most of you blokes like to sit your engine rpm for cruising? Mine seems very comfy @ 3500rpm, above that it seems a bit yippy, below that it bogs...

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was wondering where most of you blokes like to sit your engine rpm for cruising? Mine seems very comfy @ 3500rpm, above that it seems a bit yippy, below that it bogs...

Mine will sit happy at 2k rpm and pull smooth right to the rev line. (Unless I run crap supermarket petrol then pinks like b*st*rd). Running stock ECU & airbox with Mistral titanium cans. The more miles I put on her (13.5k now)the better she gets.

I spend all day in the 4-6000 rpm range, how many miles on your bike? Mine seemed to become more rev happy after putting in my windage tray, and after getting over 10,000 miles on it. Now I will routinely see 7 to 8000, just for fun :rasta::notworthy::mg::wub:

I spend all day in the 4-6000 rpm range, how many miles on your bike? Mine seemed to become more rev happy after putting in my windage tray, and after getting over 10,000 miles on it. Now I will routinely see 7 to 8000, just for fun :rasta::notworthy::mg::wub:

I've got 17,500 on my '02... She is just a champ, the more I ride, the deeper I fall head over heels in love with this machine. The funnest part about the bike is how it pulls like a tractor yet with such smooth elegance...

5k RPM is the sweet spot on my V11 Sport

:thumbsup:

5,000 is the sweet spot, yet I usually roll along indicating between 4500 and 5k, and sixth gear pushes the speedometer into Certain Court Date. Remember, many of the white face Veglia tachs are optimistic by 300-500 rpm.

Lower rpm means lower charging rates, less oil flow, and more power pulse beating into the gearbox.

It all depends if I want to be John Kay or Valentino Rossi. Unfortunately I see Fred Flintstone when I get home and look in the mirror............

It all depends if I want to be John Kay or Valentino Rossi. Unfortunately I see Fred Flintstone when I get home and look in the mirror............

:lol:

:thumbsup:

5,000 is the sweet spot....

The same with mine. I can easily pull her up from 2.5 going out of tight bends, but round and above 5k is the area where the engine volunteers.

Hubert

I used to putter in 6th at 65 MPH - about 3500 RPM's, whole lotta shaking goin' on, 35 MPG. On a trip last year I was able to cruise with traffic at 80 plus for a full tank - got 42 MPG, the best ever. I've found that riding it between 4-5K is best, even if I never get out of fourth gear. And yes, at 5K everything smooths out, and all is right in the world. Despite the V-twin similarities, the Goose is not a Harley, and doesn't want to be ridden like one. Let her loose.

4th gear at 100-120km/h gets me 350-370km per tank. 6th gear at 100-120km/h gets me 240-260km per tank, ergo 4500-5500=happy cruise. Around town if no throttle required I sit at 3000-3500. Don't lug yer baby, it just shakes and gargles fuel. (I have often wondered if that shake factor due to lugging is an aid to the loosening of the oil filter that some have suffered) :2c: