Rode a V7 Cafe Classic today...

felix42o

'too busy concentrating on placing the commas' well, it seemed to me like a good description of MG, but, it was the death of the conversation...

So, you are not interested in punctuation then?

Here,.;!&* why don^t you go round to The Club and unleash some knee-trembling General Banter on the populace?/"

Show 'em this, I think they'll like it:

8366_normal.jpg The production version of the Terrible Blanche concept. Allegedly,.];

I've just seen it, where Mr Roper was frightening the horses with it during the summer. It surely can*t be serious? Ropey was ambiguous.

You need to add that you've already put in a pre-order for a new (2011) Aluminium framed Speed Triple. I have. Not. Yet. But.

...The production version of the Terrible Blanche concept. Allegedly,.];

I've just seen it, where Mr Roper was frightening the horses with it during the summer. It surely can*t be serious? Ropey was ambiguous...You need to add that you've already put in a pre-order for a new (2011) Aluminium framed Speed Triple. I have. Not. Yet. But.

Looks like a photoshop knock up to me - that's a Griso seat/tail & front end isn't it? & Motor... And a few more bits beside, dodgy shadows, 1200Sport Hdlt etc - Griso, Breva, or 1200Sport bits. I would show it to the rest of the guys at the club, but wouldn't know how to present it. Could you drop it in to them?

BTW - that is some powerful & inspiring punctuation. I am a great admirer.

KB :sun:

• 10 months later...

Ha ha... I just read Baldini's views on the Classic tart, as posted in another place...

"Pretty!??? Maybe the V7 Classic is pretty - but in "falsies & make up"? To call this pretty is an abuse of the language.

Cafe Racer??? A cafe racer is stripped down to function not tarted up with bling!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Quy4HEBBhJ0&feature=related

The clueless bufoons at Guzzi HQ have outdone themselves - a pimped up shiney pretender for wannabe yuppie outlaw cafe types to mince about on massaging their egos - & what's so sad is Guzzi are PROUD of it. They should hang their heads in shame, it's an embarassment...."

...a view of the new V7 :grin: Racer :grin: not widely appreciated by inhabitants of that other place...

...stylistically I take my lead from the Great Antipodean Master of Vituperol :notworthy: who is a constant inspiration.

KB :sun:

Well, you are too modest, as that is only a tiny, teasing vituperation extracted from the full meisterwerk.

And indeed, I was thinking, as I laughed heartily, that the Roper has been out-Roperised.

Have you considered emigrating to Austrialand?

Remember:

In promulgating your esoteric cogitatitions or in articulating your superficial

sedimentalitites on amicable, physical, psychological observations, beware of

platitudinous ponderosities.

Let your conversational communications possess a clear conciseness,

concatenated cogency and coalescent consistency.

Eschew all conglomeration of flatulent garulity, jejune babblement, and asinine

affectation!

Seduously avoid all polysyllabic profundities, pompous prolificy, ventriloquial

verbosities, and vain vapidities.

Abstain from magnanimous sesquipedalianisms.

Avoid the pleonastic repetition of tautological superfluous redundancies.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I love the V7's and bought one recently.

Couldn't quite stretch to the Racer, and got a used green Cafe.

Great bike, no doubt.

Puts me very much in mind of a Honda 650 Bros I once owned when I was dispatching, which had about the same back wheel figure.

Yeah OK very little in the way of power, but these bikes, like all Cafe Racers are all about getting the most from the least, and therin lies the fun.

There are other examples.

As I said, Honda Bros, and the GB500 Clubman that had a claimed 38bhp.

No one ever complained about that.

Hmmm.

Interersting.

I have a Griso too and it's nowhere near as much fun to drag around the tighter roads as the little V7.

Leave the big number willy waving to the sad old farts who's only aspiration is to be king of the pub car park.

I actually like the Cafe a lot. The 'Racer' I loathe for all the reasons Keith and Dave list. Oddly enough I've overcome my loathing and disgust for small locks now they don't blow up and drop valves any more and am actually thinking of getting a Breva 750 for my oldest boy who has just got his permit! Learner legal and big enough for him to carry his misses when he passes his full test. Unlike the Classic and it's derivatives it actually has decent wheels that will take proper tyres. Suspension is still shit and it's as ugly as a sack full of bashed crabs but it is still a quite nice little bike. I prefer my Mana but that's me.

I also found that I've just fully depreciated the Mana so the taxman can buy me a new toy next year. I'm really trying to convince myself I don't need a V4 Tuono but it isn't working.............

Pete

• 4 months later...

I loved my V7 Café - after I added rearsets to change the seating position and put on Pirelli Sport Demon tires. Suspension wasn't great, truly a throwback to the '70's but I could take it to reasonable extremes without wobbles or anything. Geometry wasn't racebike but then I'm not a roadracer either. I traded the Café in on a 2013 Racer recently mostly because the suspension (in back at any rate) was better, the frame had a jewel of a paint job and the engine doesn't look like my old air compressor any more. The chrome tank I got used to. Number plates came right off, silly looking and not representative of what the bike really is. I left the faux leather tank holder on because I found I actually liked it and it's handy to slide the mail under as I come back from the mailbox. The new motor is a very large improvement over the older version even if the power increase is marginal. I am getting 52-58mpg and with the larger tank, that sort of justifies the bike change. I really like the little bugger but even better is the crowd it draws when I'm at a gas station or parked somewhere in public. It's a good opportunity to introduce people to Moto Guzzis.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally had a chance to see one of the new V7 racers at a vintage bike nite (of all places). They are pretty nice looking bikes. :thumbsup:

i still prefer the 'cafe' or standard versions, but that's just me. Wife has a 750 Breva (one of the first dozen or so brought over). I agree with Pete Roper's assessment as to looks, just not quite as vehemently; it sure is a runner.

• 1 year later...

We've been lookinhg at these V7 lately for my son. He seems keen on having one and really likes the 2014 Special with the orange stripe reminiscent of the old S series (750 and 1000).

The Special have wire spokes while the Stones have cast wheels. Do they both carry tubes or both tubeless or what?

Fantastic! Thanks, dearly, Pete!

The long intake runner on the 2013 looks like a great idea for typical low to mid range running about. How are the new small blocks holding up?