fender extender

rossi46

For which bike? I put one on my V11 sport ('01) which came from 'fenda extenda' and was for one of the 500 cc models, I think. It required some modification with a dremel tool. A quick search should turn up that old thread.

Fenda Extenda for the 99-02 Suzuki SV 650 was the closest I found, Depends on how flush you want the fit. I suspect the 500 (Kawi?) JRT is referring to snugs up better to the stock fender But I left a little gap (a recess in the plane really, as you have a lot to play with) matched around the circumference and it flows well with the rest of the front end, not like the actual SV itself,(my wife has one) where it looks like a cheap matt black addition cause it fits so exactly. All up to personal preference, just dont go for the FJ Yamaha one, that didnt match at all, couldnt make it work for love nor money, I gave it away. I think those were the only 3 referred to in that thread. Dale Walker at Holeshot has em, Happy drilling! :thumbsup: Why the hell dont modern motorcycles come equipped to handle rain? You can't find a sport bike today that can keep itself dry, pathetic! :bbblll:

Hi, anyone fitted one? which ones fit? I've found one for a griso will that work? cheers

I fitted one to my 01 v11 rosso mandello triumph part

fender extender off triumph extender part No. A9701040 fender extender part No. is for a Triumph Legend and Adventurer. This came from a UK 2006 cost was $50 australian

I fitted one to my 01 v11 rosso mandello triumph part

fender extender off triumph extender part No. A9701040 fender extender part No. is for a Triumph Legend and Adventurer. This came from a UK 2006 cost was $50 australian

thanks I'll let you know how I get on :thumbsup:

Hate to contradict, but don't get the official Triumph part; it doesn't fit the v11 fender.[DAMHIK] At least, not if the part# quoted above is the same # from the thread a couple years back.

Ride on!

Hate to contradict, but don't get the official Triumph part; it doesn't fit the v11 fender.[DAMHIK] At least, not if the part# quoted above is the same # from the thread a couple years back.

Ride on!

Damn, I just ordered one last week, no cancelations allowed, special order - back to the drawing board ! Anyone want to buy a brand new Triumph extender ?

Damn, I just ordered one last week, no cancelations allowed, special order - back to the drawing board ! Anyone want to buy a brand new Triumph extender ?

I fitted the Triumph one, it isn't a perfect fit but its very close.I used some small mushroom headed allen caps instead of the plastic rivets supplied,I'll take some pics and post them if I remember when I get home :rolleyes: .

Don't listen to him that the part number I gave the Triumph dealer and the paRt fits very well If you want I'll take a close up picture and post itdry.gif

Don't listen to him that the part number I gave the Triumph dealer and the paRt fits very well If you want I'll take a close up picture and post itdry.gif

Please do. I just went & grabbed the part out of the box where it has sat for the better part of the past 2 years: yup, it's the same P/N. Let me go check... Yes. If you cut off about 1.25" (3cm) of the "ears" on either side that are supposed to help support the xtenda so it moves in unison w/ the fender instead of acting like a hinged flap at the back edge, then yes, it can be made to fit. The "indent" on the xtenda that is supposed to mate up w/ the edge of the fender to make it all look fairly seamless won't match up on the sides, but across the very back trailing edge, it will almost be a match.

I'm not interested in bodge points, I want a fender extender that fits up w/o any unusual creativity required on my part so that someone looking at it later won't say to themselves "Wow, that's quite a job of forcing a fit there!.." :luigi:

I'm going to look into the SV extender mentioned above. Since I already have a '99-'02 SV650 [you know, one of the good-looking ones before Suzuki took to beating on them w/ the ugly stick! ;)], if the xtenda isn't a good match for my LeMans, well, I can always just fit it up to the correct bike! :thumbsup:

In the end, we're all dead anyway so I don't want to get your back up over this; I just don't want anyone else led down the garden path as I was thinking that the Triumph part is going to be an easy fit to our Guzzis. It's not, not even close, and I'm out $36+shipping [as of 2 years ago, before the $ fell off the exchange rate charts] for a part I can't use & can't send back [as someone else pointed out, special orders do upset the parts counter when you say "That ain't right! I don't want it after all..." ] <_>

Please do. I just went & grabbed the part out of the box where it has sat for the better part of the past 2 years: yup, it's the same P/N. Let me go check... Yes. If you cut off about 1.25" (3cm) of the "ears" on either side that are supposed to help support the xtenda so it moves in unison w/ the fender instead of acting like a hinged flap at the back edge, then yes, it can be made to fit. The "indent" on the xtenda that is supposed to mate up w/ the edge of the fender to make it all look fairly seamless won't match up on the sides, but across the very back trailing edge, it will almost be a match.

I'm not interested in bodge points, I want a fender extender that fits up w/o any unusual creativity required on my part so that someone looking at it later won't say to themselves "Wow, that's quite a job of forcing a fit there!.." :luigi:

I'm going to look into the SV extender mentioned above. Since I already have a '99-'02 SV650 [you know, one of the good-looking ones before Suzuki took to beating on them w/ the ugly stick! ;)], if the xtenda isn't a good match for my LeMans, well, I can always just fit it up to the correct bike! :thumbsup:

In the end, we're all dead anyway so I don't want to get your back up over this; I just don't want anyone else led down the garden path as I was thinking that the Triumph part is going to be an easy fit to our Guzzis. It's not, not even close, and I'm out $36+shipping [as of 2 years ago, before the $ fell off the exchange rate charts] for a part I can't use & can't send back [as someone else pointed out, special orders do upset the parts counter when you say "That ain't right! I don't want it after all..." ] <_>

fender extender as stated previously triumph item piece of piss to fit see attatched photos

Picture 009 Correction.jpg

Picture 010 Correction.jpg

fender extender as stated previously triumph item piece of piss to fit see attatched photos

Looks like mine does(apart from the carbon :) ) there may be better fitting extenders available but if care is taken then the Triumph fit can be very close. :thumbsup:

Sorry to cast doubts your way, Gavo: I didn't realize you had the CF front fender. Clearly, a different profile from the ABS(?) fender on the majority of V11s. Can't offer any input on whether your parts guy crossed up the P/N on your xtenda either; in situ, it's too hard to determine if it is different from the part in hand when I hold it up to the computer screen... :grin:

At any rate, I think it's safe to say that the hand layup needs of the CF fender led to a different mold pattern from the injection-molded fenders on my (& other) bike(s). So that ends that mystery: if you've got the CF fender, then the Triumph part is an option, from Gavo's experience. If not, well, then not, from my experience.

Empiricism shall prevail! :luigi:

:thumbsup: