fender extender

rossi46

So anyway, the '99-'02 SV650 fenda extenda doesn't fit much better than the Triumph part.

Can Greg Field or anyone else w/ access to the parts catalogues for both Aprilia and Guzzi please chime in?

I'm tired of these threads about "what fender extender fits?" and trying to adapt non-fitting parts from other bikes. If the Aprilia front fenders from the Tuono, Mille, Falco & Futura are xref'd w/ those of the Guzzi V11 Sports, Ballabio, LeMans, etc. to see if there's any part #s overlap, we may finally settle this once & for all. Knowing how Aprilia liked economies of scale from commonality, I'd be very surprised if there wasn't a shared front fender.

If we can determine which Aprilia fender is used on the Guzzis, I'll be happy because it will be a no-brainer to then order a fenda extenda with some expectation that it will be right & slap it on! :luigi:

So anyway, the '99-'02 SV650 fenda extenda doesn't fit much better than the Triumph part.

Can Greg Field or anyone else w/ access to the parts catalogues for both Aprilia and Guzzi please chime in?

I'm tired of these threads about "what fender extender fits?" and trying to adapt non-fitting parts from other bikes. If the Aprilia front fenders from the Tuono, Mille, Falco & Futura are xref'd w/ those of the Guzzi V11 Sports, Ballabio, LeMans, etc. to see if there's any part #s overlap, we may finally settle this once & for all. Knowing how Aprilia liked economies of scale from commonality, I'd be very surprised if there wasn't a shared front fender.

If we can determine which Aprilia fender is used on the Guzzis, I'll be happy because it will be a no-brainer to then order a fenda extenda with some expectation that it will be right & slap it on! :luigi:

for those having Ohlins forks, Aprilia RSV Mille 1000 front fender fits. I mean RSV with axially mounted brake calipers.

Just so you can all see what I'm talking about:

Triumph part fitup:

th_STP80087.jpg

SV xtenda fitup:

th_STP80088.jpg

SxS Comparisons:

th_STP80085.jpg

th_STP80086.jpg

It's pretty clear that neither one matches the curvature of the fender where it blends from the fender proper into the arm/bracket that bolts up to the fork for mounting. Neither do the "seams" molded into the extenders properly match the trailing edge of the fender. Now that Pyramid Plastics is making extenders to fit Aprilia's, I'm thinking that's the best hope for a good fit that won't require extensive trimming.

At >$30 a pop, I can't keep blindly "trying one on" to check for fit.

I've googled like crazy trying to find an image of Aprilia fenders, but everyone keeps shooting the bike from head on or at best a 3/4 view from the front: what I need is a clear shot of the trailing edge of the front fender! :lol:

Thanks for your vote, but unless you've already put one on your Guzzi and can send me a pic of it in place, I'm disinclined to just take it on faith that this is the correct fitment: after all, I've already been assured that the Triumph Adventurer & '99 SV650 parts would fit [at least I also own an example of the latter, so buying that extender wasn't a total waste... ;)]

Thanks for your entry into the "guess which fits" contest. This contest is kinda backwards: the winners are everyone else, & the correct entry just gets a heartfelt "Thank you!" :grin:

• 3 weeks later...

fender2s.jpg

pyramid extender for a zepher 1100, part number 05313, needs alittle trimming but, I think, looks good and hopefully keep the bike abit cleaner

Excellent pix, thanks for posting! :)

However, it's beginning to become clear to me that Pyramid Plastics really only has two or maybe 3 molds that they then package as "correct fitment" for different bikes that are close enough to fitting that nobody much complains. :rolleyes: Your part for the Zephyr looks identical to the one for the SV, afaict. Ah well, it's not hard to see why, when motorcycle sales are such small #s compared to cars that it's hard to justify the cost for making the molds.

I sure wish the manufacturers just designed the fenders properly in the 1st place, but what're you gonna do? :huh2:

• 5 years later...

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I just added the Triumph extender to my V11. Not perfect, but close enough for me. I didn't trim it, as I like the angle it was mounted at. I also used 3M 2 sided outdoor tape, and stainless bolts to mount it.

Ken

IMG_6469_zpsyho4ocz2.jpg

IMG_6468_zpsinfaajfy.jpg

• 3 years later...

Also replying to the old thread, but thought I'd mention that Pyramid is now actually saying the Kawasaki Zephyr 1100 is also specifically for the V11, although currently "unavailable" via Amazon, seems to be available elsewhere in "limited quantities":

"Pyramid Plastics Extenda Fenda Mudguard Front Fender Extension/Extender for Kawasaki Zephyr 1100 & Moto Guzzi V11"

PYR-05313

https://www.amazon.com/Pyramid-Plastics-Kawasaki-PYR-05313/dp/B00CS90K6A

51tt%2BlCefFL.jpg