warning lights and misfires

Bogwopit

Hi,

out for a ride today on the Griso I noticed under hard ish acceleration the little red warning light,top right on dash, flickered on. Is this potentially serious?: should I accelerate harder, not so hard or just ignore it?

Also, once warm I noticed an occasional misfire.It,s in for the first 600 mile service on Friday,

so hopefully any probs. should show up then,or not!

Andy.

Hi,

out for a ride today on the Griso I noticed under hard ish acceleration the little red warning light,top right on dash, flickered on. Is this potentially serious?: should I accelerate harder, not so hard or just ignore it?

Also, once warm I noticed an occasional misfire.It,s in for the first 600 mile service on Friday,

so hopefully any probs. should show up then,or not!

Andy.

Now you've tried that throttle business, you're liking it too much. You probably wound it past the running-in rev limit, which is likely to be set at 6,500 rpm. No harm done.

Misfire might be air getting in to a join in the exhaust pipe. Check the joints and tightness of clamps.

Now you've tried that throttle business, you're liking it too much. You probably would it past the running-in rev limit, which is likely to be set at 6,500 rpm. No harm done.

Misfire might be air getting in to a join in the exhaust pipe. Check the joints and tightness of clamps.

Thanks Belfast, as you say I was probably a bit heavy handed on the throttle.

Purely coincidentally there is a hole in the exhaust, in the join near to the lambda sensor where someone got bored welding and didn't finish the last 6mm of weld.

many thanks

Andy.

Thanks Belfast, as you say I was probably a bit heavy handed on the throttle.

Purely coincidentally there is a hole in the exhaust, in the join near to the lambda sensor where someone got bored welding and didn't finish the last 6mm of weld.

many thanks

Andy.

You should fill that hole. Any small gap there will result in bangs and pops (if that is what you mean by misfires).

An exhaust paste will do it for now and will quickly show if that is the cause of the 'misfires'.

Or, if by 'misfire' you mean that it sometimes stutters or misses a beat: yes, mine sometimes does, or did, that too.

Another thought: misfires on these motors can be caused by arcing through the original version of the spark plug boots. You probably have the newer, improved version? I don't know when they started to be fitted. It would be worth checking.

If that is causing your problem, though, it would likely be more serious: not just an occasional misfire.

Or, if by 'misfire' you mean that it sometimes stutters or misses a beat: yes, mine sometimes does, or did, that too.

Another thought: misfires on these motors can be caused by arcing through the original version of the spark plug boots. You probably have the newer, improved version? I don't know when they started to be fitted. It would be worth checking.

If that is causing your problem, though, it would likely be more serious: not just an occasional misfire.

Mine has had the spark plug boots upgraded and hopefully the hole in the exhaust will have been repaired while it was in for it's first service.The dealer is delivering it to me tomorrow along with my new(1400 mile )1200sport8v that they've just fitted a stage 1 performance kit to.I'am looking forward to comparing the sport(1100 Breva)with the Griso.

Andy.

Mine has had the spark plug boots upgraded and hopefully the hole in the exhaust will have been repaired while it was in for it's first service.The dealer is delivering it to me tomorrow along with my new(1400 mile )1200sport8v that they've just fitted a stage 1 performance kit to.I'am looking forward to comparing the sport(1100 Breva)with the Griso.

Andy.

I'll be interested to hear your views on the 1200 Sport 8V. The one I rode was bone stock but its fuelling was a revelation. Absolutely beautiful straight out of the crate!

Make sure that your 8VG gets the #68 map, it makes a huge improvement to the overall fuelling.

pete

Andy.

What is the performance kit for 8V? Exhaust and ECU? Or more?

D

What is the performance kit for 8V? Exhaust and ECU? Or more?

D

yes, basically that, plus a couple of trumpets and oil traps or something.

Edited by Bogwopit