front fender on ohlin equipped bikes.

Bogwopit

Can anyone tell me if the only front fender/mudguard fitted to the bikes equipped with Ohlin forks is the carbon fibre type or is there an alternative type.If not, has anyone any idea if the ones of none ohlin equipped bikes will fit with the ohlins. I,ve tried to order one from Guzzi but no luck so far.

If anyone has one for sale let me know.

Andy.

The (CF) mudguards fron early Aprila RSV are a simple bolt on for the Öjlins if you can't finf an OEM one.

Thanks, Jaap.

Thanks, Jaap.

As Jaap says, the early RSV CF mudguard goes straight on, but it is a completely different style: It gives much better protection to fork legs, but is very short at rear.

KB :sun:

• 2 months later...

Do you have to buy the CF version of the RSV fender for the Ohlins equipped V11 or will the regular RSV fender work?

I think they fit the same. Because Aprilia from the beginning figured out that they would else have to make two mudgards.

Aftermarket Cf for aprilia isn't that expensive. Normaly 100euro will do.

• 7 months later...

Hi all,

Is it still impossible to find an "original" carbon fibre front mudguard for an Ohlins fork?

My Rosso Corsa lost its mudguard during an encounter with a deer last autumn and my workshop has failed to find a new one.

Ciao

Ken

Hi all,

Is it still impossible to find an "original" carbon fibre front mudguard for an Ohlins fork?

My Rosso Corsa lost its mudguard during an encounter with a deer last autumn and my workshop has failed to find a new one.

Ciao

Ken

There is a C/F mudguard on ebay, from a manufacturer in san diego. It looks good and who would know it isnt original!!!. But i have seen originals on ebay quite regularly,Or have you tried reboot guzzi spares they are/werebreaking a cafe sport so they may still have the mudguard.

Gary

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Ciao

Ken

There is a C/F mudguard on ebay, from a manufacturer in san diego. It looks good and who would know it isnt original!!!. But i have seen originals on ebay quite regularly,Or have you tried reboot guzzi spares they are/werebreaking a cafe sport so they may still have the mudguard.

Gary

Guzzi spares did not have any suitable mudguard and finally I ended up with an Aprilia aftermarket mudguard from Ilmberger. It's a bit short at the rear, otherwise it's quite nice.

/Ken

Hi all,

Ciao

Ken

Gary

I bought one of those fenders from that guy in San Diego .He lost my order or some excuse and kept my payment for weeks.When I emailed him he was apologetic made excuses and after another couple of weeks sent something that looked like crap from a bent mold or something.I wouldn't put on my bike and gave it to a friend to give someone for a track bike.Very disappointed!!check his feedback.Maybe he should stick to car parts.

Hi all,

Ciao

Ken

Gary

I bought one of those fenders from that guy in San Diego .He lost my order or some excuse and kept my payment for weeks.When I emailed him he was apologetic made excuses and after another couple of weeks sent something that looked like crap from a bent mold or something.I wouldn't put on my bike and gave it to a friend to give someone for a track bike.Very disappointed!!check his feedback.Maybe he should stick to car parts.

Likewise I bought one from the same guy. off E.Bay.

6 weeks later still no part arrives so I contact him.He's once again v.apologetic and says it will be a week to 10 days.A fortnight later I contact him and say I can't wait any longer. I hear nothing from him and have to resort to reporting him to E.Bay and claiming the money back thru' paypal. Mind you,I should have known better as I bought a pair of c/f sidepanels off him a couple of years ago and had to wait several months for them to arrive. When they did they were not as per. original.

Perhaps I,ll learn this time!!

Andy.