rear drive seal

docc

Those canisters are the original Guzzi "For Off Road Use Only" round carbon fiber accessories (Mistral? or Agostini? or did Mistral make the Agostini as well as the Moto Guzzi cans?)  .

Probably not a lot of *glass-packing* left in there . . . :race:

I had to swap the rear of the driveshaft to the replacement reardrive and crossed one of the pinch bolts. On the bench while pre-fitting. I was trying to be meticulous because I had this happen before (on the front of the diveshaft).

So, two new bolts, new Schnorr washers, and an assortment of rubber plugs to make the $10 minimum order from Moto Int'l.

I think you need to have a conversation  "butterball's" guardian. 

don't be blaming butterball.

oh and by the way    what happened to Sophia?

Does she know she's being called "butterball"

"you in a heap o trouble now, boy"

:whistle:

• Like 1

She doesn't really deserve it, I know. :blush:

I just got all cagey when she wouldn't let me ride her on my birthday and made me order parts instead. :luigi:

Those canisters are the original Guzzi "For Off Road Use Only" round carbon fiber accessories (Mistral).

Probably not a lot of *glass-packing* left in there . . . :race:

Ooh you jammy b’stard... wait a mo... i’ve got a pair of them in the post! Haa! Jam jam jam.

Now I haven't slept in days over the whole *Butterball* thing. And none of the (simple) parts were available. *None*  :huh:

When I rebuilt the clutch and addressed >all

so . . . I know it's me. I'm the butterball.  :huh:

I'll make this right. I will, I will!   ^_^

IMG_3736.JPG

Hey docc I'm pretty sure my rear axle is stepped like yours. I just assumed it was like that. I noticed my bevel box has a slight leak about 3 weeks ago ( oil drop on the rim,bit of oil at the 6 oclock position reaching over the seat and feeing with the finger) and ordered the large seal from MGcycles at some horrendous postage cost then revisited this thread. Went back and looked at the bike....doh, its the small internal seal leaking just like yours. Looks like the box needs to come apart and another order from MG:(

I think I'm at a point in life where all my accumulated experience and knowledge is leaking out and disappearing, like oil in a Guzzi bevel box.  

Ciao