Hot Start Woes

Nicholr

Bocephus, I am confident that moving the pump out from under the tank is a good thing to do. The fuel filter isn't in the best place, either. I went with an MSD brand fuel pump, model 2225, about $100 on eBay. It is a bit smaller, making it easier to find a new home for it. I also went with a smaller fuel filter. Prior to changing the location of the pump, I was unable to stop and get going again, hot weather and high altitude. Vapor lock, I am sure. I have had no problems since the change. I love this Guzzi, but I have to say, it is a bit like a British car. It needs to be de-bugged and fiddled with before you can depend on it. Since I am a tinkerer, that may be part of the draw of the Guzzi!

Yeah, I was thinking about it today at work and I know it will gnaw on me that the fuel pump, lines and filter are running along the spline and super heating all that fuel. So where did you end up putting your pump and filter? Did you stay with the stock filter element or go aftermarket with it as well?

I like tinkering in the shop as well, its a good thing too cause I love the bike . I'm trying to avoid spending too much time in it though with the summer coming to an end. I'm hoping that the petcock might get me by in the interim and be a quick fix. Probably not knowing my mechanical Karma but it's worth a shot anyway. Thanks for the info on the pump, that is a good idea.