Staintune Exhaust - Photo/Review Request

This is a carry-over from the previous forum, but if anyone has photos of Staintune Exhausts on the V11 LeMans, that would be great.

The photo provided from Staintune is only a closeup of the rear half of a V11 Sport with the exhausts installed, and doesn't do much to show how the exhausts look with the whole bike.

I would appreciate any photos of the exhausts installed from the side, rear, and various angles especially including full-bike shots so that I can get a good idea of how they look.

I am particularly interested in how the polished SS looks in contrast to the mostly brushed/satin finishes on the LeMans.... does it look "right"? I am also curious if the brackets on the Staintunes "de-exaggerate" the uneven placement of the stock LaFranconis when viewed from the rear, where the shaft-side exhaust is significantly further out from the bike.

And of course, in addition to comments on aesthetics, any comments on fit/finish, performance, etc... are very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

al

As an alternative, here are some photos of the Leo Vince Carbon exhausts, although I'd probably go with Titanium to try to get a good color/finish match with the bike:

GU-2.jpg

GU-1.jpg

I really like the Leo Vince products, as several of my friends have had these exhausts. But then again, the fit/finish and permanent baffle system on the Staintunes is very attractive as well.

This is the only photo I've seen of the Staintunes on a V11:

stntn526z3.jpg

Again, if anyone has any good photos of the Staintunes on a V11 Sport/LeMans from various angles, especially the whole bike, that would be very helpful. Also if anyone has any comparitive knowledge on fit, finish, performance, specifications(weight, etc).... between the two, that would be much appreciated.

...until then, I'm in limbo :unsure:

al

• 9 months later...
Guest rotorhead

I know this is alittle late but better that than never I suppose. Not a Lemans but maybe give you and others and idea of the look.

post-5-1050946791_thumb.jpg

better that than never I suppose.

...errr, thanks... a freakin' year later!! :rolleyes:

:lol: OK, OK... just kidding. I'm sure this will certainly help anyone else trying to get a feel for the whole "look" of the Staintunes on the V11 Sport. Thanks! :)

Staintune should really post 2 or 3 perspectives like this photo on their website.

In the end I think I'm happy with the look and feel of the Leo's I finally chose, as the Staintunes looked a bit short, and I'm not sold on the polished SS finish with the LeMans. However, that being said, the Staintunes are quality product from what I've heard, and they certain stand out!

Thanks again. ...more references for everyone helps a bunch! :thumbsup:

al

I also passed on the Staintunes in favor of the Leo's, but only because I wasnt able to see them beforehand. I now think they look very nice on the green Sport. But I really like the red hugger! A very nice touch! :bier: BTW...are the headers ceramic coated? I noticed there is no discoloration...all in all, very nice!

...that's true Joe, with the headers "chromed" as well, the Staintunes look much more at home. My thoughts last Summer were that the polished Staintunes might look out of place with the gold-toned SS patina the headers naturally get.

Good question.... are they coated??

al

Guest rotorhead

Thanks for the compliments....since this photo I have added the carbon fiber fairing and also painted the screen on the oil cooler red as well, in addition to adding the Fiamm El Grande horns.

Yup....the pipes are ceramic coated all the way back. The coating has some minor fade at the front turn due to high heat levels there but it actually (IMO) adds to the look. Cost for coating, done locally, was 110 bucks. They require some special care but do quite well. :)

Guest rotorhead

"Special care" may not be the appropriate wording....what I mean is they can not be polished with any abrasive wax or cleaner and only washed wild mild soap and water. The coating itself is not very thick....I forget but I think only a few thousandths, and is easy to rub off i.e. dull the finish, or stain with caustic cleaners. Thats all I meant. Not a big deal for those that are carefulwith their cleaning agents.

Guest atl.guzzirider

Yeah! Those pipes look great with the staintunes, that was my first thought was how you got that look. I have thought of polishing mine however have not run across any polish or the time to do it. I've got the staintunes on my champaign 02 lemans and at first I was hesitant however found that the pipes go perfectly with the lemans logo below the seat and the guzzi logo on the tank. The staintunes are a little shorter than some other makes however I like the optional baffles that can be removed or installed. At first they seemed loud w/out the baffles but everyone that heard it convinced me to leave them out and after riding it a few weeks really liked the deep rumble. As far as fit and quality I would say the staintunes are among the best, as far as looks go I had really hoped they made the full system for these bikes which having them polished all the way up would really look great although blueing might be more noticeable.

Walt Bowen

Champaign 02 Lemans

Guest rotorhead

I have removed the optional baffle and they are somewhat louder but not irritatingly so. The cans show no signs of blueing at all and shes been run triple digits for extended periods with no problem. The ceramic coating will not blue either and retains its shine quite well also....I am quite pleased!