Damn Yankee Rally

Tom M

Are any of you going to the Moto Guzzi/BMW rally in Heath MA this weekend?

I'll be there if all goes well. Roper may very well show up. Come join the fun!

I just might do that Dennis if I can figure out how to fit my camping gear on the bike. If you see a red & gray LeMans with a couple of canoe camping dry bags on it trundling in on Friday that will be me. Hope to see you & Pete there! :bier:

I'll be there if all goes well. Roper may very well show up. Come join the fun!

I just might do that Dennis if I can figure out how to fit my camping gear on the bike. If you see a red & gray LeMans with a couple of canoe camping dry bags on it trundling in on Friday that will be me. Hope to see you & Pete there! :bier:

I really have no bike friendly camping gear or any racks, bags or luggage for the bike. Some of the Mass-boys are helping me out with that. Should be a great time whatever happens!

Yup. I'll be there as well, but the V11 is staying home. Its always a good time and a great place to ride.

Hal

That was a great time! The weather and the roads were awesome, and it was a pleasure meeting and riding with moderator JRT and hanging out with him and his family. It was really nice to meet up with DHansen, Pete Roper and Jude, and a few others whose names I didn't get from this board too. Glad to hear that your ride home didn't suck nearly as bad as your ride down Dennis.

Huge kudos to Tom Halchuk, Tim F, and the rest of the Mass Guzzi guys who did an outstanding job getting the Guzzi crew together and making everyone feel welcome. What a great group. There were more than a few beemer guys hanging around the Guzzi tent who said they liked the vibe from the Guzzi crowd a whole lot more than the beemer bunch. My only regrets are I didn't make it to the ISDT museum and I didn't get to see the guy on the GS crash into the porta-potty. I sure hope somebody got that on video.

Thanks to all involved for a great weekend!

Tom, thanks for inviting me to ride along with you! We had a wonderful time (with the exception of the late night "incident" of which we will never speak again).

The organizers- Tom Halchuck and Tim (?) put on a SUPER rally. Many thanks to them. The food was plentiful and delicious. Most of us had an appropriate hangover for the sunrise bagpipes. Yes, sunrise.

As Tom said, it was nice to meet folks in person (Pete, Jude, dhanson, Tom, Tom, Tim and many others).

I didn't catch the GS vs portapotty either, but it was fun to watch the trials competition put on by the adventure riders. Even a Suzuki SV650 and a BMW R80 (?) with Vetter fairings participated (and kinda crashed). Nobody hurt, no blood, so it's all in good fun.

Here is TomM catching up to a BM rider. You can't see what a handsome fellow he is, but he has nice cans.

e68722ac.png

Our daughter, in various degrees, entertained or was entertained by the rally-goers. She was in fine form and talking to anyone who would listen. Funny, because I was kind of a shy kid.

279a8109.png

She now wants her own bike, since the ST4s is too slow for her.

ce6502c4.png

Your daughter is quite a character Jason! It's hard to take pictures with a beer in your hand so I didn't take very many, but here's a shot of you and your family at Guzzi central with Tim F (silveredspine) and Tom H (TH_01) off to the left.

IMG_0852.jpg

Here's Erik the Norwegian by his T5. He showed Dhansen and I pictures from his winter rally in Norway with at least 4' of snow on the ground. Those guys are nuts!

IMG_0850.jpg

Doug Ritchie's gorgeous Ambo with Hal Wiley's cafe bike in the background. I wish I got to meet Hal so I could thank him for posting his MG Ti can repair instructions here.

IMG_0855.jpg

Hard to believe that anyone would need this much crap just to go camping for a couple nights. That queen sized air mattress sure was comfortable though. I slept well right up until that damn bagpiper started in at dawn 5 feet away from my tent :angry: It was kind of cool once he got ot the other end of the fairground though.

IMG_0845.jpg

IMG_0843.jpg

It was a great time and I look forward to doing it again.