polebridge

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

RH was one of my favorite forum members because he had such a unique writing style. I'm sure I missed his political threads which must have rubbed someone the wrong way, but his technical knowledge was solid and his delivery was entertaining. I'd like to see him come back. I'm a firm believer than most any thread will live or die on the vine based upon it's entertainment value. We're all adults right? :drink:

I'm a firm believer than most any thread will live or die on the vine based upon it's entertainment value. We're all adults right?

At least in theory... ;)

I'm a firm believer than most any thread will live or die on the vine based upon it's entertainment value. We're all adults right?

At least in theory... ;)

and some are more right than others

in more ways than one

anyway, whatever happened to macguzzi?

....anyway, whatever happened to macguzzi?

I at least saw one of "his" jackets in Paris the last week, hanging between loads of US Marlon Brando leathers (forgot the brand), boots, snap-knifes, belts, buckles etc. And hats of course. Yeah, chaps the lady sold as well.

Hubert

Did you notice that "liberal left wing radical commie b*stard" :rolleyes: Dlaing hasn't been around for a while too? I think he misses RH.

I must say that the exchanges between those two was some of the most entertaining reading on the internet! You could probably write a book with that material.

The 'global warming' thread was like nothing I've ever seen on any online forum. I often wondered how much time he spent typing out endless paragraghs of information, or he was good at copy/paste.

It wasn't that I disagreed with his point of view, it was his most distastefull arrogance that made me shake my head, especially his self imposed expert status in suspension setup, and his utter discontent to anyone who dare question either his views on the matter or the arrogant manner in which he 'poopooed' anyone else as knuckle dragging mouth breathers if they did not want to bother spending hours typing out responses to his diatribe. Clearly he is in an occupation that gives him the feeling of a 'higher purpose person' status in his mind, a particularly unappealing trait for anyone.

I do miss his entries, strangely,,,,entertainment comes in strange and different ways.

Steve

RH is not coming back.

How do you know that he is not once more amongst us at this very moment? Keeping a low profile, biding his time....

Ratchethack & Captain Nemo, Masters of Delusion ... If only Ratchethack hadn't given fullest rein to his phobias & prejudices without discrimination & to the point of tedium...I can't remember what happened to Captain Nemo, but I remember him challenging Greg to a race (or was it the other way round?)...& his blue exhaust pipes...

Shame really...but Buzz Lightyear managed to turn it around...there's always hope.

RH is not coming back.

How do you know that he is not once more amongst us at this very moment? Keeping a low profile, biding his time....

Ratchethack & Captain Nemo, Masters of Delusion ... If only Ratchethack hadn't given fullest rein to his phobias & prejudices without discrimination & to the point of tedium...I can't remember what happened to Captain Nemo, but I remember him challenging Greg to a race (or was it the other way round?)...& his blue exhaust pipes...

Shame really...but Buzz Lightyear managed to turn it around...there's always hope.

Yes, Nemo and I rode together for a few years and even went to a couple rallies together. He could be very entertaining, but in the end, his behavior caused me to abandon him at a rally. After that, he said all kinds of nasty things about me, and even challenged me to a race. I said, "OK, we'll race to this place and back by this route, and you can even run the race on your RC-51 against my Eldo," and that was the last I ever heard of it. Truth is that once it got twisty, he never could even keep up to my Eldo when he was on his "fastest Guzzi on the West Coast." I haven't seen or heard from him in several years. Last I heard was a rumor that he had joined the Bandidos and was riding a Harley. I do not know if there's any truth to the rumor.