Discrimination...

How is this even legal?

How can you pull over some people (motorcyclists) and let others (car drivers) go? That has always been illegal in the past.

I don't see the problem they have DOT CVI's commercial vehicle inspectors that only pull over trucks and actually they'll pull anyone over sometimes. I don't see this as an issue as most of you will as I drive trucks and have had to live with this for many o years. I can actually be pulled over for no reason at all, no reason needed. So until it gets that bad for cars and motorcycles, suck on it?

Most if not all states and the federal government treat driving anything as a privilege not a right so they have little problem in completely restricting, controlling, or being j wads over the dumbest things because you always have the RIGHT to walk

I don't see the problem they have DOT CVI's commercial vehicle inspectors that only pull over trucks and actually they'll pull anyone over sometimes. I don't see this as an issue as most of you will as I drive trucks and have had to live with this for many o years. I can actually be pulled over for no reason at all, no reason needed. So until it gets that bad for cars and motorcycles, suck on it?

Most if not all states and the federal government treat driving anything as a privilege not a right so they have little problem in completely restricting, controlling, or being j wads over the dumbest things because you always have the RIGHT to walk

Sucks to live where you do I guess. Around here profiling is illegal so far. I hope we don't end up this way too.

In the Netherlands (and in Europe afaik) it's very normal that traffic controls are targeted. Speeding and loud bike( r )s have to be handled very differently than caravan pulling Toyotas and their 60+ drivers.

Yeah, if you're speeding or your vehicle is too loud then that is cause for you to be pulled over. But putting up a road block that only pulls out the motorcyclists and checks them for papers and inspects their bikes for legal compliance is illegal (for now) here.

In the Netherlands (and in Europe afaik) it's very normal that traffic controls are targeted. Speeding and loud bike( r )s have to be handled very differently than caravan pulling Toyotas and their 60+ drivers.

Yeah, if you're speeding or your vehicle is too loud then that is cause for you to be pulled over. But putting up a road block that only pulls out the motorcyclists and checks them for papers and inspects their bikes for legal compliance is illegal (for now) here.

hm... we got used to it. Specially when WSBK or GP races are in Brno, police check most of motorcycles. Huge numbers of bikes has been stolen years prior. No problem with being stopped by police. In Czech they care for speed and VIN codes. Aftermarket exhaust system or loudness is not a big deal here.

In the Netherlands (and in Europe afaik) it's very normal that traffic controls are targeted.

As our European friends are fond of pointing out to us geographically-challenged Murricans when we say/write something irrelevant, "This isn't the U.S.A." :rolleyes:

G-Moto is correct, the roadblocks can be challenged upon Constitutional grounds, at least they could be here in CA: that's the wonderful thing about the U.S., many state laws are different from the next one over - if you don't like it, leave! ;)

DeBenji's post is something to keep in mind: most state's began their licensing laws with regulation of commercial drivers, as almost 100 years ago when motorized vehicles began to become numerous enough to be taxable, the American public would have rioted & thrown the bums out if they tried to control individual liberty in such a way, whereas the states and Federal govt. definitely do have the right to administer/tax/control trade within their respective borders. So, almost all our licensing laws began as commercial driver's licenses, and then were gradually extended into the private sector. If you dig deeply enough, that's the legal basis for the issuing of driving licenses, and why commercial vehicles are subject to lopsided persecution while private vehicles are most decidedly not. [Just don't try to stand on this principle while driving a pickup truck: while 98% of them are in fact personal vehicles, states tend to give them commercial plates. It always p!ssed me off that my compact pickup paid an extra "weight" tax that my mom's Cadillac that weighed 1.5x as much did not... <_>

I'm a bit sensitive about road blocks because I got nabbed by an unconstitutional one in the past; the judge at the hearing even chided the district attorney for the fact at the (mass) hearing! [upwards of 20 violators all got arraigned the same day, same court room...] Still let the fine stand tho' - after all, the purpose of most fines isn't upholding the law, it's revenue enhancement! :vomit: I still boycott Sonoma county to this day. Just say "NO!" to Sear's Point/Infineon Raceway... :bbblll:

;)

Being pulled over when speeding or whatever is okay. But here the police sometimes pulls out all the stops and target only motorcycles or trucks or caravans. The others can pass. F.i. if they just want to check the technical state of trucks and their drivers documents, they have specially trained police officers standing at the road side.

I don't think it's unconstitutional over here.

But I wish you good luck with the petition!

Here in New Jersey the lawmakers have completely changed things up there is no inspection for motor cycles and only emmisions for cars and trucks. It is up to the local law enforcement to make sure all your vechicles are legit. If not they give your hefty fine. I know a guy who got a ticket in NJ for non dot helmet. There are getting tough on the dot certs in NY. Go one state away and there is no helmet laws at all, but if your in a car or truck its the law to wear a seat belt.

Seems to me it's like most other things...if you've got your sh*t together, and are following the laws as they apply to your state, then you have nothing to worry about. Meanwhile, they might get a few of the idiots that are causing all the bad publicity off the streets. Any type of profiling is usually (not always, mind you) the result of some generalized opinion based at least in part by truths. Being asked to verify your status of compliance here in the US usually comes with a "thanks for your cooperation and have a nice day" at the end. I don't know why we're so concerned here with offending any possible offenders. :2c:

That said, more than likely it's just another way to line the pockets of the states a little better. We wouldn't want the state governments to increase their efficiency too much... :glare: