Jet

At 6'4" I think you'll fit. I'm 5'10" and I'd hate to be much shorter. The reach to the bars is fairly significant and there are peg lowering options if you find your legs are too cramped. My brother's 6'2" and he fits my V11 fine. I'm fairly sure you could remove the small fairing from a V11 sport that was equipped with one without changing the headlight, at least on mine I know you could. Good luck in your quest to find one. I bought mine about a year ago and I'm still quite smitten with it.

TDF

P5300086.jpg

Hello Folks. I am new to the Moto Guzzi site but have loved the V11 since I first saw it on me and my GFs year anniversary. I saw it and new right away....I had to have one. So a Year later and I am close to getting one. I am from Vancouver, B.C. and what I like most about the V11 Sport is I have only ever seen the 1 on the streets.

So, What should I know about buying one? Maybe you guys could help. Im 6.4. Am I too tall, will I look funny on it? There are absolutely none in my area and cant take one for a test ride.

I like it naked, no faring anywhere. Is it easy to convert from that small windscreen to no windscreen and just the light? Is it a different light assembly itself? I see few bikes available that are exactly what I like, but that wouldn't stop me from buying one if I could easily take it off.

Any help would be great, ma even a few leads.

http://members.fortunecity.com/roadrash2/1024/moto-guzi-v11-sport2.jpg

Thats a pretty good replica. Just make it my own custom beast once I get my hands on it.

Rich

Hi, Rich.

I'm originally from Vancouver, but living in Toronto now. Just to let you know, Valley Yamaha/Guzzi in Chilliwack had a used V11 Sport Naked (I think) less that a month ago when I was there. I can't vouch for condition as I didn't look at it closely, but you could at least throw a leg over it and see how it fits. The good news is that if it is actually a Naked, you don't have to worry about taking a fairing off!

I understand your fascination with these bikes -- mine started almost ten years ago at the Vancouver Motorcyle Show as soon as I saw my first V11 Sport (green) and Rosso Mandello. The urge has never left me, and I am just now in the process of purchasing my first Guzzi, a 2003 V11 Le Mans.

Cheers,

Shaun

Hello Folks. I am new to the Moto Guzzi site but have loved the V11 since I first saw it on me and my GFs year anniversary. I saw it and new right away....I had to have one. So a Year later and I am close to getting one. I am from Vancouver, B.C. and what I like most about the V11 Sport is I have only ever seen the 1 on the streets.

So, What should I know about buying one? Maybe you guys could help. Im 6.4. Am I too tall, will I look funny on it? There are absolutely none in my area and cant take one for a test ride.

I like it naked, no faring anywhere. Is it easy to convert from that small windscreen to no windscreen and just the light? Is it a different light assembly itself? I see few bikes available that are exactly what I like, but that wouldn't stop me from buying one if I could easily take it off.

Thats a pretty good replica. Just make it my own custom beast once I get my hands on it.

Rich

I'm 6'3", and will tell you that you will have issues with the footpeg location. I could not deal with it on my then new '01 V11, the green one. Moto Evoluzione used to sell a cheap little relocation kit [basically a series of long bolts and a bushing for the brake lever] which basically stopped my from selling the bike, it's way better now. I've since purchased the MPH handlbar kit, needed on the pre: '02 V11's with the lower clip ons, a great kit, except that it needs, and does not come with an extended throttle cable.

I can confirm that Yamaha of Chilliwack has an '02, burgundy, higher bars. It's rubber tank cover, or whatever that thing is called, has been damaged, not sure what that thing is worth. It also has factory carbon fibre parts that have, of course, deteriorated, and look like shite. It's been there at least 1/2 yr, so maybe a lowball offer will get it.

Steve

[ I'm 6'3", and will tell you that you will have issues with the footpeg location. I could not deal with it on my then new '01 V11, the green one. Moto Evoluzione used to sell a cheap little relocation kit [basically a series of long bolts and a bushing for the brake lever] which basically stopped my from selling the bike, it's way better now. I've since purchased the MPH handlbar kit, needed on the pre: '02 V11's with the lower clip ons, a great kit, except that it needs, and does not come with an extended throttle cable.

I can confirm that Yamaha of Chilliwack has an '02, burgundy, higher bars. It's rubber tank cover, or whatever that thing is called, has been damaged, not sure what that thing is worth. It also has factory carbon fibre parts that have, of course, deteriorated, and look like shite. It's been there at least 1/2 yr, so maybe a lowball offer will get it.

Steve

Motobits in Washington state sells a relocation kit that puts the footpegs 1" forward and 1" down. I have them on my Cafe and they're more comfy than stock.

Its dead easy to remove the bikini fairing and ride it like that. If you're in Toronto and want a v11 I'm in Ohio and would sell my rosso mandello for the right price.

Richard, I am in Toronto, but Rich (Jet) is in Vancouver, so Ohio might be a little far for him. I have already purchased an '03 Le Mans, and am picking it up in Florida tomorrow.

Good luck with selling your RM -- very nice bikes!

Cheers,

Shaun

Rich

I'm 6'3", and will tell you that you will have issues with the footpeg location. I could not deal with it on my then new '01 V11, the green one. Moto Evoluzione used to sell a cheap little relocation kit [basically a series of long bolts and a bushing for the brake lever] which basically stopped my from selling the bike, it's way better now. I've since purchased the MPH handlbar kit, needed on the pre: '02 V11's with the lower clip ons, a great kit, except that it needs, and does not come with an extended throttle cable.

Steve

That's the bike I remember seeing, and it did look a little rough from a distance, which is why I didn't take a closer look.

are you not just right down the road from Seattle, Washington USA? get yourself to Moto International one of the Premiere dealers we have.

and YES you will love it!

IMG_0538.jpg

Moto International is great, but they don't currently have any V11s (was down there in July and have checked a few times since). They do have a line on a customer bike for sale, though, which I believe is a Ballabio. Might be worth checking into.

A visit to MI is never a waste, even if you just stop in to say hello.

Cheers,

Shaun

[ I'm 6'3", and will tell you that you will have issues with the footpeg location. I could not deal with it on my then new '01 V11, the green one. Moto Evoluzione used to sell a cheap little relocation kit [basically a series of long bolts and a bushing for the brake lever] which basically stopped my from selling the bike, it's way better now. I've since purchased the MPH handlbar kit, needed on the pre: '02 V11's with the lower clip ons, a great kit, except that it needs, and does not come with an extended throttle cable.

Steve

Motobits in Washington state sells a relocation kit that puts the footpegs 1" forward and 1" down. I have them on my Cafe and they're more comfy than stock.

The 1" drop is good, but to have the footpegs brought forward 1", instead of rearward 1" would defintely not work for me.

Steve

Hey mate, have you got a few pictures you would be happy to send my way??

richardgmciver@gmail.com

I just spoke with the folks there at Yamaha, I may go to take s look at it just to go for a ride.

Rich

Jet:

There's a cherry '04 Ballabio that's set up for a tall guy in Seattle. He removed the fairing and put the big headlight on it from a naked Sport. Lots of custom stuff on it. I can put you in contact with him if you are at all interested. I have no financail interest in this.